BBO Discussion Forums: Free Acol Individual Daylong (MP) missing again - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Acol Individual Daylong (MP) missing again

#1 User is offline   finesse157 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-March-10, 08:09

The "Free Acol Individual Daylong (MP)" tournament seems to disappear depending on which login I use.
Other people I talk to have a similar issue when using specific accounts

I can see the tournament if I use the Director account for my club, but today I cannot see it under my own account.

Other people have reported the same issue and it always seems to be on their same account.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-March-11, 03:20

Unless you're in one of the regions (eg Australia, UK) you won't be able to see it.
But if you aren't in one of these places you might be able to login using a VPN with the browser country set to one of the countries where it is available then you can see it.

Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-11, 03:33

I don't think you need the "right" country set, so long as the IP is "right". I saw it in UK with Italy as country.

#4 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-11, 04:08

finesse157, on 2023-March-10, 08:09, said:

The "Free Acol Individual Daylong (MP)" tournament seems to disappear depending on which login I use.
Other people I talk to have a similar issue when using specific accounts

I can see the tournament if I use the Director account for my club, but today I cannot see it under my own account.

Other people have reported the same issue and it always seems to be on their same account.

Hasn't happened to me yet but I imagine missing out would be totally devastating

Maybe you could try a VPN - try setting it to Australia - at least I think that is still where my IP address is based

You may think I mock but joining in discussion over the Free Acol Daylong is very special

#5 User is offline   GuyThomas 

• Pip

Posted 2023-June-15, 09:19

Acol Tournaments - Free and $0.59.
I cannot see either BBO tournament today (15th June 2023), am I doing something wrong?

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-June-15, 15:59

GuyThomas, on 2023-June-15, 09:19, said:

Acol Tournaments - Free and $0.59.
I cannot see either BBO tournament today (15th June 2023), am I doing something wrong?

It was offline for "improvements".
Non legit hoc

#7 User is offline   D4Fran 

• Pip

Posted 2023-June-16, 10:16

All my Acol daylong individual tournaments have disappeared, and I've always used the same login. Have they been permanently removed?

#8 User is offline   GuyThomas 

• Pip

Posted 2023-June-16, 11:46

D4Fran, on 2023-June-16, 10:16, said:

All my Acol daylong individual tournaments have disappeared, and I've always used the same login. Have they been permanently removed?

Me too! None yesterday either.

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-June-18, 00:34

There was an upgrade to the Acol robots last Tuesday which introduced a bug with claims where the robot accepted any claim, even if invalid. The games were deactivated until the robot is fixed.

The bug has been fixe since, but given that it's weekend, we decided it might be wiser to wait until Monday before putting the Acol games back on to the schedule, just in case other problems come up or the bug is not entirely fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can still play Just Play Bridge (Acol) meanwhile, if you wish, although that one is not duplicate.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users