BBO Discussion Forums: Export BBO boards in a folder to LIN or PBN file - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Export BBO boards in a folder to LIN or PBN file

#1 User is offline   aptev 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-March-17, 13:43

Hello, as a teacher who uses BBO to teach birdge topics, I have a need to export a set of boards to to LIN or PBN file. Either I have created these in a BBO folder or I have saved them over time. I will then be able to create a PDF file that has recommended bidding sequence and my commentary on how to bid, play and/or defend those hands.

You already have a function to import a LIN file into a folder. It should not be too much programming effort to offer a reverse function. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Avocetz 

• Pip

Posted 2022-March-18, 11:07

Hi

I recommend a free programme called Bridge Composer. It is shareware and I think the current licence is a one off £20. It can read lin files downloaded from BBO from hand records. It will show all the bidding and tricks played. You can add your own commentary. As well as this you can create your own hands. Save and print as PDF for emailing to students.

Hope this helps.

Chris (avocetz)

#3 User is offline   cencio 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-March-18, 12:28

aptev, on 2022-March-17, 13:43, said:

Hello, as a teacher who uses BBO to teach birdge topics, I have a need to export a set of boards to to LIN or PBN file. Either I have created these in a BBO folder or I have saved them over time. I will then be able to create a PDF file that has recommended bidding sequence and my commentary on how to bid, play and/or defend those hands.

You already have a function to import a LIN file into a folder. It should not be too much programming effort to offer a reverse function. Thanks!

also double dummy solver do this

#4 User is offline   msamani 

• Pip

Posted 2022-March-18, 17:19

cencio, on 2022-March-18, 12:28, said:

also double dummy solver do this

Bridge solver and double dummy do these functions, but note the original request / query - want the function to DOWNLOAD hands saved for teaching and not Upload.

BBO has the facility to upload LIN files (or files converted from PBN to LIN), but does not have the facility to download hands that may have been saved for teaching, so that they can be incorporated into other deal files.

Yes please BBO - Teachers would really appreciate the download facility. Thanks.

#5 User is offline   OHappyDay 

• Pip

Posted 2022-March-19, 11:29

You can use an addon for Google Chrome: "BBO Extractor" which allows you to download tournament results as well as the respective boards as .pbn.
Maybe that helps you.

#6 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-March-20, 02:58

The BBO Helper Chrome extension has the functionality to save hands from BBO as PBN. It is available from https://chrome.googl...mkmnmemmfiogjd.

I am not a BBO Helper user but the author may be able to help. I believe you will need to play the hands to get them into the table history and you may need to save them one at a time. I do know that if you use the saved hands at a bidding table, and put robots into the North-South seats, then they will quickly bid each hand and get it into the table history so that you can save them.

There may be better solutions :)
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users