BBO Discussion Forums: Can host set up tournament and have someone else run it? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can host set up tournament and have someone else run it?

#1 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-May-28, 16:23

We have a small group and I believe I am the only one in the group with
the ability to create free tournaments. Sometimes I am unable to play in
a particular tournament. Is it possible to create a tournament and have
one of the other players run it? Does that person have to have any special privileges?

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-28, 19:47

View Postcriptik, on 2021-May-28, 16:23, said:

We have a small group and I believe I am the only one in the group with
the ability to create free tournaments. Sometimes I am unable to play in
a particular tournament. Is it possible to create a tournament and have
one of the other players run it? Does that person have to have any special privileges?
If only you has TD authority then obviously only you can set the format, other options, etc. But when you click Create Tournament and that window opens you will see on the right Directors. Only you (criptik) will be shown as a Director. But if you click the + sign at the top you can add as many directors as you like.

#3 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2021-May-28, 21:47

View PostChas_P, on 2021-May-28, 19:47, said:

If only you has TD authority then obviously only you can set the format, other options, etc. But when you click Create Tournament and that window opens you will see on the right Directors. Only you (criptik) will be shown as a Director. But if you click the + sign at the top you can add as many directors as you like.

The extra "directors" you add, do they have to be registered as directors at BBO or can they be any BBO member?
If they have to be registered as directors, is BBO allowing new directors to be registered at this time?
So if you have multiple directors, does only one of them need to be present when the tournament starts and it does not have to be the host who created the tournament?

#4 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-29, 01:27

Additional directors can be any BBO member and do not need additional privileges. The tournament will normally start without any directors present, unless you use options such as +howell+ when the tournament creator must be online when the tournament starts.

There is a danger of allowing non-BBO directors to run your events. If they are inexperienced and cannot cope with problems that arise, then the tournament players may complain; if there are no directors to fix problems, then someone may complain to a Yellow to help sort out the tournament. If this happens, then BBO will probably investigate and your tournament director privileges may be revoked especially if this happens regularly.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#5 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-May-29, 05:57

It is easy to add directors to a tournament. From that moment they can see the director tab in their BBO.

Problems you should be aware of:
1) Make sure they are trained well by codirecting first and be available for questions
2) The host only can maintain include/exclude/friend lists and update tournaments after changes in the lists are made
3) Howell movement is only available when the host is online at the moment when the tournament starts

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users