BBO Discussion Forums: Why is there so much black space in the latest client? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why is there so much black space in the latest client?

#1 User is offline   tobinator 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-22, 18:00

Been playing on BBO for around 12 years and recently switched from flash client (having played on the old DL client before that) to the latest windows browser version. I really don't find it visually appealing at all in the play and I'd rather go back to either of the two older clients. What I dislike the most about it is why there's so much black space on my screen. When I'm playing with the side bar minimised I'd say at least a 1/3 of my screen is just black space which is a waste and looks terrible. This wasn't an issue in the old client, would be great to know why there's all this black space and why the playing area can't fit the screen of the user or at least have back. Or is it just me that has a ton of black space?

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-22, 18:42

They've pretty much designed it for a mobile device and the desktop version has suffered because of it (rather than through proper use of progressive enhancement).

Proper responsiveness needs planning in advance, so I suspect that the rush job in getting it out has meant improving it now is going to be considerably harder.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-23, 04:14

Remember that they have to fit in advertisements for most users too.

I don't find the black space annoying or ugly, come to that.

I agree with the point about planning responsiveness though. Paradoxically there is also some undue responsiveness here: using the app on a tablet with full HD screen I can't use the two window mode available on PC, the tablet gets treated like a small phone.

#4 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-28, 16:39

The black space should be on one side or the other of the board - not both!
Then you would have room to see profiles and other stuff.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users