Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Managing Chat Editing/Re-ordering Chat Manager

#1 User is offline   CanadaJay 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-22, 10:34

It would be most helpful to be able to go into Chat Manager and re-arrange the order of the various chat messages that appear. This would allow a member to move more frequently used chat messages to the top, something that is very useful, especially if one plays multiple systems (e.g., 2/1 or Strong Club) depending upon who their partner is.

Also, from my desktop, I don't seem to be able to edit one of my Chat Messages. Whenever I try to do this and make a change, the chat message does not reflect the change. Please correct this.

#2 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-22, 17:34

Maybe sort out the more important stuff first - like stopping all the freezing during bidding and play and speeding up the play from a snail's pace, to something usable and enjoyable once again?

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-23, 04:38

View Postdave251164, on 2021-January-22, 17:34, said:

Maybe sort out the more important stuff first - like stopping all the freezing during bidding and play and speeding up the play from a snail's pace, to something usable and enjoyable once again?

Do you have an idea of what percentage of users are encountering the problems you cite? I for one have never encountered them (play on the HTML5 client was slow and jittery at first, but it is acceptable now). Nor have I seen many others make the same complaints.
If your problem is specific to some legacy game format or some obscure computer platform then it's understandable it doesn't receive high priority given all the other things to fix.

#4 User is offline   ThomasRush 

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge (?), Toastmasters, wine, people, libertarianism, creating humor, teaching bridge

Posted 2021-January-23, 14:53

View PostCanadaJay, on 2021-January-22, 10:34, said:

It would be most helpful to be able to go into Chat Manager and re-arrange the order of the various chat messages that appear. This would allow a member to move more frequently used chat messages to the top, something that is very useful, especially if one plays multiple systems (e.g., 2/1 or Strong Club) depending upon who their partner is.

Also, from my desktop, I don't seem to be able to edit one of my Chat Messages. Whenever I try to do this and make a change, the chat message does not reflect the change. Please correct this.

Copy the "less important" messages to the bottom of your list, in the order you want them to be. Then delete the out-of-order duplicates (the original messages). Problem solved, and pretty easily.

How to do that? On a Windows system, you can select the "edit" button, then Control-A to select the text, Control-C to copy it, go to the new blank message line, hit Control-V to paste it, then the 'Add' button.
He who plants a tree affirms the future

#5 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-28, 16:38

View PostThomasRush, on 2021-January-23, 14:53, said:

Copy the "less important" messages to the bottom of your list, in the order you want them to be. Then delete the out-of-order duplicates (the original messages). Problem solved, and pretty easily.

How to do that? On a Windows system, you can select the "edit" button, then Control-A to select the text, Control-C to copy it, go to the new blank message line, hit Control-V to paste it, then the 'Add' button.

It used to be chat was automatically sorted - then you could put initial digits/letters at front to control order.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users