BBO Discussion Forums: Exclusive BBO Club for Beginners/Intermediates - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Exclusive BBO Club for Beginners/Intermediates

#1 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2003-September-05, 07:46

Hi,

The Bride Base Forum poster known as HALLWAY has created a new "private club" on the BBO gaming site just for Novice, beginner, and intermediates. The only membership requirements are a love for the game and a skill level below advanced. Members who truely benifit from the club will no doubt improve their playing skill and be "kicked" out when the get too good.. ;) It would be great if all players improved quickly and were forced out (maybe we could then start an advanced/expert club they could graduate too).

Anyway, to join the club, from the main lobby in the BBO gaming software, click on the large "MAIN BRIDGE CLUB" button. From the main bridge club click on "PRIVATE CLUBS", and from the list of clubs, find the one with "hallway" as the manager entitled "The beginner/intermediate bridge club"

When you click on the club, you will get a message that says "You are not a member of this club, would you like to apply for membership". Click "yes". That is all there is too it. When you apply, a mail message will be sent to hallway and the next time she logs on, she will approve you for membership (or you can send her an instant message here in the BBforum). After you are granted membership, when you click on the club line in the list, you are taken into the club.

Once inside the club... READ THE CLUB News, only a very few clubs actually post club news. Hallway has pages of information on upcoming events, benifits of membership, things to look foward too, etc. Among the exciting things is we will hold tournments limited to the club members (hence intermediate skill level or less).

Join the club!!!
--Ben--

#2 User is offline   hallway 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Founder/Manager - Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO

Posted 2003-September-05, 13:57

Thank you Ben for spreading the word.

I would also like to thank Ben for his invaluable help in getting the Club News in place. The mysteries of Lin files are for me just that - a mystery ::) I'm a Dos dinosaur ;)

Ben (inquiry) will be playing a pivotal role in the Club as BBF Forum Moderator and Tournament Convenor.

Wayne (cascade) will be helping members with Mentoring sessions

Dwayne (keylime) will assist the membership with Directing at tournaments both within the Club and in main stream teams tournaments.

There is more much more but you will have to join first.

Hi all prospective Members,

When you leave me a message please give me

Your name
Your email address ( news bulletins etc.)
Home Club Ranking (if you have one)

all information will remain confidential.

I will then enable your Membership

The Club is for YOU so join up, use it and ENJOY.
Maureen
Founder/Manager
Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO
Join on BIL Bridge

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users