• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lucky 85% Which Bot am I playing

#1 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-September-17, 16:39

SAYC

What does 4NT mean if not Blackwood - how do I explore a rather unusually bid slam?

#2 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-September-17, 17:34

Think I'd take 4N as natural. Not sure how else you get to NT and you as opener haven't even had a chance to define your hand. In any case you don't want to Blackwood because you have two losing spades and you want to be in it if partner has second round control as well as the spade ace. I think 5H asks partner to bid with that second round spade control.

4H insane bid of course.

#3 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-September-17, 21:27

View Poststraube, on 2024-September-17, 17:34, said:

Think I'd take 4N as natural. Not sure how else you get to NT and you as opener haven't even had a chance to define your hand. In any case you don't want to Blackwood because you have two losing spades and you want to be in it if partner has second round control as well as the spade ace. I think 5H asks partner to bid with that second round spade control.

4H insane bid of course.

Thx few gambled on 6H straight and had a lucky lead. I was happy with my 85% :)

Curious who is the responsible bot in this auction

#4 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-September-17, 23:48

SAYC? On BBO?
Fortuna Fortis Felix

#5 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-September-18, 02:50

View Postpilowsky, on 2024-September-17, 23:48, said:

SAYC? On BBO?

Yes is one of the few special ACBL daylongs - non Life Master. Not the regular daylongs which use GiB

I'm guessing it must be another Bot but it isn't described

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-September-18, 10:10

View Postthepossum, on 2024-September-18, 02:50, said:

Yes is one of the few special ACBL daylongs - non Life Master. Not the regular daylongs which use GiB

I'm guessing it must be another Bot but it isn't described

The robot used is Argine (the full premium version) and it is set to play SAYC Basic. Although we don’t mention the robot type in the marketing materials for this game, there have been discussions in the forums about robot vs robot simulations, GIB, Ben, and other robot-related topics, so it feels odd to keep this information hidden here. Officially on BBO, we refer to these bots as "SAYC robot," "Acol robot," or "SEF robot."

If you are playing with a robot which isn't described as GIB or Ben, then it’s Argine.

Our implementation of Argine includes both a "basic" version and the full version. In free games, Argine may perform at a simpler level compared to its premium version. This simplification isn’t due to Argine’s limitations — we intentionally made it simpler to reduce costs and be able to offer it for free in games like the Free Acol or SEF Daylongs, as well as the free Acol Just Play Bridge game in Solitaire.

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-September-18, 10:25

I don't see any point worrying about what to do after a similar bid: it's not bridge.

#8 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-September-18, 19:55

View Postdiana_eva, on 2024-September-18, 10:10, said:

The robot used is Argine (the full premium version) and it is set to play SAYC Basic. Although we don’t mention the robot type in the marketing materials for this game, there have been discussions in the forums about robot vs robot simulations, GIB, Ben, and other robot-related topics, so it feels odd to keep this information hidden here. Officially on BBO, we refer to these bots as "SAYC robot," "Acol robot," or "SEF robot."

If you are playing with a robot which isn't described as GIB or Ben, then it’s Argine.

Our implementation of Argine includes both a "basic" version and the full version. In free games, Argine may perform at a simpler level compared to its premium version. This simplification isn’t due to Argine’s limitations — we intentionally made it simpler to reduce costs and be able to offer it for free in games like the Free Acol or SEF Daylongs, as well as the free Acol Just Play Bridge game in Solitaire.

OK thanks. I know there are other forums - just couldn't need the name of the Bot in the tourney :)

I wasn't sure if it was GiB's younger brother, or a complete stranger :)

Or even GiB itself trying out SAYC https://blog.bridgeb...basic-overview/ - the link is for Pilowsky :)

But I will expect similar bids from Argine in future - it didn't seem like Gib

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-September-19, 04:41

View Postthepossum, on 2024-September-18, 19:55, said:

Or even GiB itself trying out SAYC https://blog.bridgeb...basic-overview/ - the link is for Pilowsky :)

This is Argine, not GIB trying SAYC.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users