Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starting a Team Match glitch

#1 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-February-23, 12:32

I have been using Team Matches BBO feature since the beginning of COVID era :rolleyes:
Generally it worked great but lately I encounter a problem after clicking "Start Match": I can see all players are on line but one of them has a connection problem because the yellow popup inform me he is logging in !!! Then the Match does not start, nothing is happening and eventually I have to kill the process from Director tab. Obviously the problem player either acknowledge the invitation (or not) and then lost BBO connection but I get no warning at all! I just have to start all over again.
I wonder if is any way to fix this..
Dan

#2 User is offline   Curls77 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-27, 13:48

You do not have to start over, Dan.
Assuming your match has +private+ string which will prevent unknown players requesting to play in your match, you can remove missing player's name from the reserved seat screen and start a match with just 7 (or less) players. Then you can invite same player who meanwhile logged back to BBO, or any other friend to occupy vacant seat.

#3 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-06, 13:08

Thanks "Curls77" for your hint but that's not the point..

It happen again last night!
I setup the match with "+private+" and all players seated and then look at the people tab: all my players were on ONLINE; should be ok to start the match and I did. All players accepted invitations except one who eventually logged-in (yellow popup)! At this point the match was stuck, nothing happened for a long time and I couldn't restart the current match. The only way to proceed was Cancel the match and start again..
My guess is there is a latency updating online players I can see. But BBO engine should check all player are online before issuing invitations, or come up with missing player warning.. Another possibility would be the culprit player gets the invitation and then before he accepts he looses the connection..
I wonder why shouldn't the match start with reserved seat of missing player and a warning on Director screen ?

Thank you, Dan

#4 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-March-06, 13:59

It's been a couple of years now since I ran a Team Match, but then there was certainly this issue that the system was hopeless at handling the situation when a player did not accept an invitation. Guess nothing has happened since.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users