Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

From Swedish cup The best line?

#1 User is offline   carl3 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-November-18, 02:07

E:A962/9732/-/AQJ86 W:J543/AK54/J642/K East played 4h-1 and S led dA at both tables.
A bit strange since there is a good line. But maybe it is not all that easy to spot it?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-November-18, 02:20

(reformatted for you) Lead is the A

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2023-November-18, 02:58

A standout line (and therefore likely wrong) is to go for a 3-2 heart break. Ruff opening lead, cash AK, K, A, run clubs throwing spades. Defender with master trump can ruff in when they want but as long as the clubs don't break 6-1 or 7-0 you can discard enough spade losers to prevent then cashing enough spades to get you down. You make three hearts, four clubs, spade ace, two diamond ruffs.

An alternative line is to go for a spade diamond cross ruff. Ruff opening lead, cash clubs off the top throwing spades. If they break 4-3 defender ruffs in when the third spade is thrown. Win the return (likely a trump) try and cross-ruff as much as possible. That looks like it needs too much in my favour so I would likely go for the first line although that might fail if hearts are 4-1 (I'm not sure).

#4 User is offline   carl3 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-November-18, 03:33

Thx for making the hands more readable. I ruff the lead and play hAK cK as you do. But then I ruff another d and discard d:s not sp on the c.This will actually give an övertrick since S had cT9.Very good players at this table but it was in the end of the last segment and they were probably tired. They tried some kind of cross ruff scenario that failed. Maybe the a to get rid of the d-losers is not all that easy to see.

#5 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-November-19, 11:05

View PostAL78, on 2023-November-18, 02:58, said:

A standout line (and therefore likely wrong) is to go for a 3-2 heart break. Ruff opening lead, cash AK, K, A, run clubs throwing spades. Defender with master trump can ruff in when they want but as long as the clubs don't break 6-1 or 7-0 you can discard enough spade losers to prevent then cashing enough spades to get you down. You make three hearts, four clubs, spade ace, two diamond ruffs.

An alternative line is to go for a spade diamond cross ruff. Ruff opening lead, cash clubs off the top throwing spades. If they break 4-3 defender ruffs in when the third spade is thrown. Win the return (likely a trump) try and cross-ruff as much as possible. That looks like it needs too much in my favour so I would likely go for the first line although that might fail if hearts are 4-1 (I'm not sure).

I like your first line.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users