BBO Discussion Forums: Partners, Team members wanted. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Partners, Team members wanted. Looking to develop an advanced partnership for BBO and live

#1 User is offline   Paragon57 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-June-26, 12:05

I am looking to develop a serious partnership and/or a team for online and live play. I have not been able to find a convenient venue that allows me to find and talk to players that may have similar interests.

If you are looking for a serious partnership, here is what I can offer:

1985: Joined ACBL Home Club: M.A. Lightman in Memphis
1991: Made life master
1991: Represented District 10 in GNT
1993: Stopped playing regularly
2021: Started practicing on BBO, no partner.
2022: Started playing individual tournaments
2023: In January, I retired and want to start back with bridge full time.

While I have less than 500 points, my game is significantly above that level. Also, this is nowhere near the level to which I aspire. I have both Red Ribbon and Blue Ribbon qualifications.

Partnership Goals

To improve my game, I need a partner that is willing to commit to:

Partnership

1. At least 2 hours per week of practice, study and play. This may be considerably more, but these are minimums.
2. Comprehensive review of conventions. If we do not have a clear agreement, we do not play that convention.
3. Review and agree to general approach to the game. This includes bidding aggressiveness, Opening Style, etc.
4. Study of systems and bidding we do not play, and defenses. Most of the time, I play 2/1..
5. I currently live in Christiansburg, VA, so a partner near here would facilitate F2F play.

Play

1. Combination of online and club play at least twice per week. (F2F preferred)
2. Sectional play - at least 4 sectionals per year
3. Regional - at least 2 regionals per year
4. NABC: 1-2 per year.

Table Manners

This is the most important item on the list. During a session no hands will be discussed. After play I want to be able to discuss any items that arose during the play. Just NOT AT THE TABLE.

Teams

Most of my success in bridge has come in team play. In addition to developing a strong partnership, I would really like to include two or more players willing to commit to the items above that would allow us to play interchangeably.

I know this kind of commitment is not for everyone. I do not want to waste anyone's time (including my own). If this does not sound like the level you can commit to, that's ok. I would still like to play occasionally. If you know anyone interested in this type of partnership, please let me know, so I can talk with them.

#2 User is offline   dsLawsd 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-June-27, 14:31

You are correct- good write up/ I am doing this with 1 BBO and 2 F2F partners and it is difficult work.

if you go to Atlanta look me up!!!

#3 User is offline   sallydk 

• Pip

Posted 2023-June-27, 15:41

View PostParagon57, on 2023-June-26, 12:05, said:

I am looking to develop a serious partnership and/or a team for online and live play. I have not been able to find a convenient venue that allows me to find and talk to players that may have similar interests.

If you are looking for a serious partnership, here is what I can offer:

1985: Joined ACBL Home Club: M.A. Lightman in Memphis
1991: Made life master
1991: Represented District 10 in GNT
1993: Stopped playing regularly
2021: Started practicing on BBO, no partner.
2022: Started playing individual tournaments
2023: In January, I retired and want to start back with bridge full time.

While I have less than 500 points, my game is significantly above that level. Also, this is nowhere near the level to which I aspire. I have both Red Ribbon and Blue Ribbon qualifications.

Partnership Goals

To improve my game, I need a partner that is willing to commit to:

Partnership

1. At least 2 hours per week of practice, study and play. This may be considerably more, but these are minimums.
2. Comprehensive review of conventions. If we do not have a clear agreement, we do not play that convention.
3. Review and agree to general approach to the game. This includes bidding aggressiveness, Opening Style, etc.
4. Study of systems and bidding we do not play, and defenses. Most of the time, I play 2/1..
5. I currently live in Christiansburg, VA, so a partner near here would facilitate F2F play.

Play

1. Combination of online and club play at least twice per week. (F2F preferred)
2. Sectional play - at least 4 sectionals per year
3. Regional - at least 2 regionals per year
4. NABC: 1-2 per year.

Table Manners

This is the most important item on the list. During a session no hands will be discussed. After play I want to be able to discuss any items that arose during the play. Just NOT AT THE TABLE.

Teams

Most of my success in bridge has come in team play. In addition to developing a strong partnership, I would really like to include two or more players willing to commit to the items above that would allow us to play interchangeably.

I know this kind of commitment is not for everyone. I do not want to waste anyone's time (including my own). If this does not sound like the level you can commit to, that's ok. I would still like to play occasionally. If you know anyone interested in this type of partnership, please let me know, so I can talk with them.
. Hello, Your thoughts are very well organized. Bridge is a game that I love and enjoy. 1986-learned bridge. 2014- joined BBO, 2015-joined ACBL, 2023-close to earning Life Master (620ish MP to date) with a variety of fine partners. You are welcome to look at my BBO Convention card as a first step. My table manners will meet your expectations. Travel may exceed my interest level. A F2F game will be easy to accomplish.

#4 User is offline   Paragon57 

• Pip

Posted 2023-June-28, 10:24

View PostdsLawsd, on 2023-June-27, 14:31, said:

You are correct- good write up/ I am doing this with 1 BBO and 2 F2F partners and it is difficult work.

if you go to Atlanta look me up!!!

I will do that. I expect to be in Atlanta for a portion of the time. I will look for you.

#5 User is offline   tiger711 

• Pip

Posted 2023-July-12, 05:40

See my post under this topicif you are interested

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users