BBO Discussion Forums: Looking for title of a bridge related movie - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for title of a bridge related movie

#1 User is offline   mangurian 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-April-09, 06:37

Appealing to members expertise: There is an old (british?) film, 1950's maybe 1940's that I have been trying to locate. It takes place on a passenger ship. One ongoing joke in the film is four men playing bridge throughout the film. The only way they know what port they are in is that one of them is always seasick and whenever he sticks his head out a porthole to upchuck, he comes back to the table and says something like "We are in ______."

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-09, 18:08

Me: Hello again
ChaptGPT:: Etc How can I help etc
Me: do you know anything about old British movies
ChatpGTP: Yes followed by long unnecessary list of classic old movies
Me:Do you know about the game Bridge
ChatGPT:Yes, followed by long unnecessary description of Bridge
Me: Do you know any old BRitish movies including people playing Bridge on a ship
ChaptGPT: Yes, I do know of a classic British movie with people playing bridge on a ship. The movie is called "The Bridge on the River Kwai" (1957), directed by David Lean and starring Alec Guinness and William Holden.

While the movie primarily focuses on the construction of a bridge by prisoners of war in Burma during World War II, there is a memorable scene on board a Japanese ship where the officers play bridge with each other. The game is used as a metaphor for the conflict between the two sides, with the Japanese officers using their strategic skills to outmaneuver their opponents, just as they are trying to do in the larger war.

"The Bridge on the River Kwai" is widely considered one of the greatest films ever made and won several Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor for Alec Guinness.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-April-14, 14:20

You could try asking at movies.stackexchange.com.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users