Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

37 rounds

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-03, 15:09

This evening I played a clocked pairs free tournament on BBO where Director had erroneously selected 37 rounds of 1 board instead of 7 rounds of 2 boards :huh:
I advised him during the first round and told him that from what I could remember, inserting +rounds14+ in the description might do the trick.
He tried that but in the end cancelled the tournament at board 14, I imagine because it was going to continue.
Does anyone know what he could/should have done to obtain a regular finish after 14 boards?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-April-04, 09:38

View Postpescetom, on 2023-April-03, 15:09, said:

This evening I played a clocked pairs free tournament on BBO where Director had erroneously selected 37 rounds of 1 board instead of 7 rounds of 2 boards :huh:
I advised him during the first round and told him that from what I could remember, inserting +rounds14+ in the description might do the trick.
He tried that but in the end cancelled the tournament at board 14, I imagine because it was going to continue.
Does anyone know what he could/should have done to obtain a regular finish after 14 boards?

What you told him was correct, but doesn't work after the tournament has started, only if he defines the movement before the game starts.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-04, 10:34

View Postdiana_eva, on 2023-April-04, 09:38, said:

What you told him was correct, but doesn't work after the tournament has started, only if he defines the movement before the game starts.

Thanks, at least I remembered correctly.
37 rounds clocked is beyond the patience of most players including me B-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users