Completely mad multi

#1 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2023-February-09, 11:03

(#1)

"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#2 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-February-09, 12:07

Partner cannot have a 6M in s, so if 3 is forcing here, I would want to keep the bidding low to try to explore slam. I guess the opps. will not allow you to do that, North raising s maybe, but I will still try to go down the constructive bidding route to find the best contract.

#3 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2023-February-09, 12:48

If 3H is pass or correct, as is common in multi, then 3H gets you by this round, but since partner will bid 3S (if possible) I don’t think it helps

My concerns are:

7H almost surely has play, and may be cold, on a club lead. But no intelligent opp is leading clubs if we announce that we aren’t worried about clubs. While the normal lead against a grand is a passive trump, I’m pretty sure that a good opp will lead a diamond, and we’d need to be lucky and catch partner with the improbable ace. Plus, even then, if partner has short hearts, we may have a trump loser.

7S isn’t likely to be any better.

So I bid 6H. If I get doubled on my left, I could run to 6D, which probably makes on 2=2 spade, but I think I’ll just pass, hoping for a club lead nf then some luck.

Edit. I was so focused on grand issues that I think I erred. I think 6S is best. We’re very likely to get a club lead and now we’re making if hearts run or if spades are 2-2 and hearts need one ruff. 6H needs no heart loser.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#4 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2023-February-10, 01:02

I'll post the mad auction later, but I have to say I did not find the lead.

Mike, FYP "So I bid 6H. If I get doubled on my left, I could run to 6D,"
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#5 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2023-February-11, 15:02

I did pause before leading K but decided leading from K simply told declarer where K was.
(still learning)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users