• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiple Tournaments Playing three tournaments at same time

#1 User is offline   JoAnneM 

• LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-December-27, 13:59

This is a matter of curiosity for me as I have come across a player who routinely gets three ACBL scores within a five-six minute period. How is that possible? The name is the same, so can you log in on different devices and play three tournaments at once, like some chess players walking around a room? I am just thinking about the technical aspects, not the concentration required, which must be fierce.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-December-28, 03:12

View PostJoAnneM, on 2022-December-27, 13:59, said:

This is a matter of curiosity for me as I have come across a player who routinely gets three ACBL scores within a five-six minute period. How is that possible? The name is the same, so can you log in on different devices and play three tournaments at once, like some chess players walking around a room? I am just thinking about the technical aspects, not the concentration required, which must be fierce.

Do you happen to know if the games this player is getting scores for are "Daylongs" ?

To answer your question, no you cannot log in three times with the same username and play in three different games. You can only log in once and play one game at a time.

#3 User is offline   JoAnneM 

• LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-December-29, 15:40

View Postdiana_eva, on 2022-December-28, 03:12, said:

Do you happen to know if the games this player is getting scores for are "Daylongs" ?

To answer your question, no you cannot log in three times with the same username and play in three different games. You can only log in once and play one game at a time.

I don’t know if they are Daylongs, but they are consistently right after 4AM so it could be something like that.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-December-29, 19:48

ACBL daylongs are all scored shortly after 5am Eastern time, so it does sound like it.

How are you seeing the time that they get these scores?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users