Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team matches - re-seat a player

#1 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-February-24, 22:58

Since the pandemic I have been setting up and run over 100 team matches etc..
An unusual situation occurred recently; after starting a team match I got a director call from the other table saying one of the players (say Player-A) was stuck. I could see the player-A logging (off and) on a couple of times but the problem persisted.. Looking at Director’s menu couldn’t find anything useful, the only choice maybe “Substitute – select”..
I tried “Substitute – select” Player-A <= Sitout and got an error, Sitout not online..
Then I replaced Player-A with Substitute-X and back Substitute-X with Player-A, problem solved!

Is any other way to remove (re-seat) a player on a Team-Match other than the one described above? As I remember this is possible for an ordinary BBO table..

Ps: I felt badly for Substitute-X and I wanted to apologized to him but I couldn’t remember his username.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-February-25, 14:33

You may be able to substitute them with a Robot and then replace the robot with the original player.

The robots are used to this kind of abuse, you don't need to apologize to them.

#3 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-February-26, 13:01

Thank you for your "Robot" advise but I don't think is working..
I started a Team-Match with only 2 players (me and my wife) and tried to replace wife with a Robot (no offence intended :rolleyes: ). Didn't work.. No error, BBO engine just do not do it!

Is just no way to remove a player from a Team-Match other than substitution..
Strangely enough, placing a player on an empty seat can be done with “Substitute – select”:
Sitout <= Player_X
Why wouldn't be possible the other way around?

#4 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-February-28, 05:45

Players can withdraw from Team Matches themselves, leaving a sitout in their place.

2 sitouts created this way (without a timely subbing to cover them) triggers the cancellation of the match.

#5 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-March-01, 23:26

View PostGerardo, on 2022-February-28, 05:45, said:

Players can withdraw from Team Matches themselves, leaving a sitout in their place.

Actually on the Team Matches I play, one can leave only by logging off, and the seat is reserved for that player. When that player log in again he is placed on his seat (a nice feature of team matches).

#6 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-March-02, 02:28

View PostDanG4503, on 2022-March-01, 23:26, said:

Actually on the Team Matches I play, one can leave only by logging off, and the seat is reserved for that player. When that player log in again he is placed on his seat (a nice feature of team matches).

Have you tried using the Call Director button to use the leave team match option?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#7 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-March-03, 16:45

View Postpilowsky, on 2022-February-28, 06:32, said:

What kind of robot did you use?
Asking for a friend.

I did not have a choice of different robots so I assume a basic Robot. Didn't work..

Your other hint of "ask a friend" is interesting.. Problem is a friend lurking idle through BBO is rare. This bring me to the question: is it possible to swap people around the tables i.e West-Table1 <=> West-Table2 and back ? :unsure:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users