Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Screen Design Visual Improvements

#1 User is offline   jlewiscorb 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-March-29, 08:32

[As an informational and graphic designer, I would like to suggest two design improvements to the playing screen:

1) Enlarge the suit symbols in the boxes in the bidding window. (Interestingly in BBO Prime these symbols are often larger and are much easier to see.) The numbers 1-7 could also be bigger and bolder. (I'm 77 years old... my eyesight isn't what it used to be.)

2) Put a slightly darker gray background "band" behind the direction column of the user... thus if sitting south, the column under "S" would have a slightly darker background. This would demonstrate to the player his bids in the context of the entire bidding process.

#2 User is offline   Anwhite 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-March-30, 03:08

Excellent suggestions, I quite often get confused by the bidding summary, sometimes even mistaking opponents bid for partners pass.

#3 User is offline   stanmaz 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-March-30, 04:09

View Postjlewiscorb, on 2022-March-29, 08:32, said:

[As an informational and graphic designer, I would like to suggest two design improvements to the playing screen:

1) Enlarge the suit symbols in the boxes in the bidding window. (Interestingly in BBO Prime these symbols are often larger and are much easier to see.) The numbers 1-7 could also be bigger and bolder. (I'm 77 years old... my eyesight isn't what it used to be.)

2) Put a slightly darker gray background "band" behind the direction column of the user... thus if sitting south, the column under "S" would have a slightly darker background. This would demonstrate to the player his bids in the context of the entire bidding process.

You can enlarge the bidding box like this :

Large Bidding Box

You can get it in a few simple steps :

1. Install the BBOalert extension : Chrome or Firefox
2. Copy the next two lines into the clipboard

BBOalert
Javascript,https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert/blob/master/Plugins/stanmazPlugin.js

3. Paste the clipboard content with Data/Paste(New) command as shown : Paste data
4. Check the "Large bidding box" option in Plugin Settings.../Miscellaneous simple scripts menu as shown on Large Bidding Box

The BBO user interface customization is only a small part of the BBOalert functionallity which main purpose is alert automation : see BBOalert Project Page

If you have any questions : stanmaz.git@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users