• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game try or not? What try?

#21 User is offline   Gilithin 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-November-03, 11:20

View Postmw64ahw, on 2021-November-03, 03:04, said:

I think I was trying to say there can be misfit hands whichever way you open if there is no GF response and that when responder isn't weak or opener has more than a minimum then there's not much difference between 2 & 3. (I play a 'Gazzilli type' 2)
Yes if you open 1 there is an easy 2 rebid, but that may underscore 2 with a 5-2/3 fit. I think that when responder is weak its swings and roundabouts, but when responder is GF it shouldn't be an issue with either approach with good continuations.

What you wrote is that when Opener has extras and Responder does not have an immediate GF, you are more likely to end up in the correct contract. What everyone else is trying to point out to you is that on such a hand Opener will bid 1 followed by 1 and 2 giving an extremely good picture of their hand, making it unlikely that the wrong contract will be reached. Meanwhile after a 1 opening Responder will never believe that the clubs are longer so the chances of ending in the wrong strain increase greatly. There are compensations to opening the major first on some auctions but this is not one of those.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users