BBO Discussion Forums: Bridge Master Level 2 C-19 squeeze option - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge Master Level 2 C-19 squeeze option

#1 User is offline   John69420 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-September-05, 13:32

I found an alternate solution for Level 2 C-19 in Bridge Master.

You can lose the first 4 tricks and make 3NT with a "squeeze".
I'm curious whether this a good solution or has the program just discarded poorly? Both defenders discard diamonds immediately and the contract is secure by trick 6 on this line:

The official solution is to win the opening lead with the K and play a spade to the 9.

#2 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2021-September-05, 14:17

View PostJohn69420, on 2021-September-05, 13:32, said:

I found an alternate solution for Level 2 C-19 in Bridge Master.

You can lose the first 4 tricks and make 3NT with a "squeeze".
I'm curious whether this a good solution or has the program just discarded poorly? Both defenders discard diamonds immediately and the contract is secure by trick 6 on this line:

The official solution is to win the opening lead with the K and play a spade to the 9.

The problem comes at trick 8 - east should play back a heart so west can get a count and safely pitch hearts. Then no squeeze.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#3 User is offline   Huibertus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-September-06, 04:41

There is no squeeze. You ducked a heart so there is no heart threat. The spade threat will be protected by East, the Diamond threat by west, so neither will have a discarding problem on the squeeze card. You'll be down if EW are able understand squeeze defense. Unfortunately they are not and if you play it like you suggest the West will err and throw away two diamonds on the clubs which is one too many, a clear Bridge Master programming error.

What East should do for instance is develop a diamond trick. So instead of cashing his clubs, every time you give him a club switch to diamonds.

#4 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2021-September-06, 10:27

John69420 'I found an alternate solution for Level 2 C-19 in Bridge Master.
You can lose the first 4 tricks and make 3NT with a "squeeze". I'm curious whether this a good solution or has the program just discarded poorly? Both defenders discard diamonds immediately and the contract is secure by trick 6 on this line: The official solution is to win the opening lead with the K and play a spade to the 9.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Check your analyses with the GIB button. Often you'll be amazed by an ingenious double-dummy defence or declarer play.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users