• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

connection constantly lost

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-March-17, 01:10

View Postshyams, on 2022-March-16, 21:32, said:

I am posting in this thread although my issue may not relate to connection issues (at least that's my guess).

I almost exclusively used to play using my Chromebook where I have this issue below. I have also played on mobile where I do not experience the same problem.

When I am playing a robot tournament (e.g. daylong, Zenith daily), BBO freezes mid play and the only option I have is to logout and re-login.
* I then reenter that daylong tournament and find that the last played card has not been registered by BBO.
* So I play it again and it continues from then on. Until the next freeze --- which can occur within 5-10 minutes.
* I think (not 100% certain) this glitch does not occur during bidding, only during the play phase.

* For sake of clarity, this is not about network timeout or connectivity issue at my end.
* I have a very stable WiFi network, I often have other devices connected to the net that work seamlessly when my BBO freeze occurs, and I have not seen lagging occur when I am playing more data-hungry online games.
* Finally, I have experienced this glitch only in the past 1-3 weeks. I don't recall facing this in the past.

Please help.

This is a completely unrelated problem, since you're not getting disconnected from BBO.

Sometimes the robots get stuck, it has nothing to do with your connection.

#22 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-March-17, 08:59

Just to let you know, barmar, that the chromebook in this house, playing live tournaments without robots, experiences the same issues (although sometimes in bidding as well). And windows laptops on wireless or wired don't seem to have this problem. And nothing else fails on the chromebook.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#23 User is offline   mfryhanson 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-July-28, 12:28

Since I updated myMAC to Ventura, I lose connectivity about three times a hand or 30X a game. I switched to chrome and it doesn't happen. I want to use safari but it is constantly logging me off.

#24 User is offline   Fredbrace 

• Pip

Posted 2023-August-08, 10:57

As host when I am locked off from a game for some reason I can't be invited back on. What do I do?

#25 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-August-11, 15:16

View PostFredbrace, on 2023-August-08, 10:57, said:

As host when I am locked off from a game for some reason I can't be invited back on. What do I do?

When the host is disconnected, another player becomes host. When you reconnect, they should be able to approve your taking a seat.

#26 User is offline   nancyH 

• Pip

Posted 2024-March-12, 04:40

Hi, I have same problem I get disconnected quite often. I did everything, my tecniocian put new router, then put fiber cable directly to my computer, then desinstalled and installed Window. I use 2 different brouser : Crome and Mazilla but that did not have any effect either. My tecnician told me there is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer. It is BBO brouser that is at fault. He also put exemption on Firewall so that does not interfere with BBO. I am going out of my mind. Please tell me what has to be done
nancyH

#27 User is offline   nancyH 

• Pip

Posted 2024-March-12, 04:41

Hi, I have same problem I get disconnected quite often. I did everything, my tecniocian put new router, then put fiber cable directly to my computer, then desinstalled and installed Window. I use 2 different brouser : Crome and Mazilla but that did not have any effect either. My tecnician told me there is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer. It is BBO brouser that is at fault. He also put exemption on Firewall so that does not interfere with BBO. I am going out of my mind. Please tell me what has to be done
nancyH

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users