Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sub for a paid robot

#1 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-05, 16:40

A player in my tournament today had paid for a robot as a partner but then his regular partner (i.e., wife) came home and he wanted me to sub her in but the substitution never worked. Is that by design?

#2 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-05, 20:00

I believe it's there to stop people from paying a cheaper price for a robot and avoiding the more expensive tournament cost for a real partner.

#3 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-09, 08:01

View Postsfi, on 2021-February-05, 20:00, said:

I believe it's there to stop people from paying a cheaper price for a robot and avoiding the more expensive tournament cost for a real partner.

This was a free tournament, but maybe they don't check for that.

#4 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-09, 08:05

View Postcriptik, on 2021-February-09, 08:01, said:

This was a free tournament, but maybe they don't check for that.

Maybe. Hopefully someone who actually knows the answer will stop by at some point, because I'm now curious.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-February-17, 13:51

I think we only implemented the ability to replace a robot with a human in the case where the robot was put in as a sub.

#6 User is offline   ypinky 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-September-30, 02:27

View Postbarmar, on 2021-February-17, 13:51, said:

I think we only implemented the ability to replace a robot with a human in the case where the robot was put in as a sub.

I yesterday ran in the same issue. A player joined a tournament as 11th pair, by renting a robot, just to be able to join the tournament. During the game I tried to replace this robot by a real player, which did not succeed, very probably because the robot was not a TD-added "sub", but a player-rented "paid" robot.

I agree that the person who rented the robot should be asked by the TD first, but generally I think a TD should be permitted to replace even a paid robot by a real player.

Also (or alternatively?), it would be great if a TD could enable to automatically join one single player sitting at the partnership desk with a robot partner sub, even if that should lead to an odd number of players (more than one players at the partnership desk should be able to merge into a partnership themselves).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users