BBO Discussion Forums: Kibbitz and chat - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Kibbitz and chat how to chat to players at a relaxed table

#1 User is offline   Batrema 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 2020-September-23

Posted 2020-September-23, 15:59

How should the sliders be arranged to allow me to kibbitz at a relaxed table of my students and make comments after each hand has been played? I was able to kibbitz a table this evening and write chat - but it wasn't being seen by the players!
0

#2 User is online   sfi 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,165
  • Joined: 2009-May-18
  • Location:Oz

Posted 2020-September-23, 18:12

You want to enable:
  • Allow kibitzers
  • Allow kibitzers to chat with players
  • Permission required to play (to stop random players from jumping in if one is disconnected)

You may want to enable:
  • Permission required to kibitz

On my screen, an enabled option is coloured gold while the others are grey.
0

#3 User is offline   Batrema 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 2020-September-23

Posted 2020-September-24, 01:24

View Postsfi, on 2020-September-23, 18:12, said:

You want to enable:
  • Allow kibitzers
  • Allow kibitzers to chat with players
  • Permission required to play (to stop random players from jumping in if one is disconnected)

You may want to enable:
  • Permission required to kibitz

On my screen, an enabled option is coloured gold while the others are grey.

Thank you for your response. All the sliders were in the enable position apart from the bottom one. I was able to see the table and the cards being played. I was able to write messages in the chat box and click "chat" for the message to appear on screen - but my students weren't able to read my messages. Is there something I should have done at the table to enable my chat messages to be seen?
0

#4 User is offline   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,377
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2020-September-24, 02:14

Where did you direct the chat to? There are a few options to choose from in the chat box (see blue button to the left of the chat line) - perhaps you had chosen the '-> kibitzers' option, rather than '-> table'. It can sometimes default to something unintended depending on the order the table is set up in, etc.
0

#5 User is online   sfi 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,165
  • Joined: 2009-May-18
  • Location:Oz

Posted 2020-September-24, 02:28

View PostBatrema, on 2020-September-24, 01:24, said:

Is there something I should have done at the table to enable my chat messages to be seen?

I presume they can see each others' chat. The only other thing that comes to mind is what smerriman suggested. If that doesn't work, we probably need someone who can actually investigate.
0

#6 User is offline   oops sry p 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 2015-July-15

Posted 2020-September-24, 08:23

This might solve your problem. In the table options, at the top, the is a line for Description. Add this to the description

+anchat+

This allows new BBO members to chat to the table and kibs.

Hope that works.

Babs
0

#7 User is offline   Batrema 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 2020-September-23

Posted 2020-September-24, 15:24

View Postsmerriman, on 2020-September-24, 02:14, said:

Where did you direct the chat to? There are a few options to choose from in the chat box (see blue button to the left of the chat line) - perhaps you had chosen the '-> kibitzers' option, rather than '-> table'. It can sometimes default to something unintended depending on the order the table is set up in, etc.

Thanks again - I'll investigate the blue button next time I'm kibbitzing.
0

#8 User is offline   Batrema 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 2020-September-23

Posted 2020-September-24, 15:31

View Postsfi, on 2020-September-24, 02:28, said:

I presume they can see each others' chat. The only other thing that comes to mind is what smerriman suggested. If that doesn't work, we probably need someone who can actually investigate.

Thanks for your reply
0

#9 User is offline   Batrema 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 2020-September-23

Posted 2020-September-24, 15:32

View Postoops sry p, on 2020-September-24, 08:23, said:

This might solve your problem. In the table options, at the top, the is a line for Description. Add this to the description

+anchat+

This allows new BBO members to chat to the table and kibs.

Hope that works.

Babs

Thanks for that suggestion - I have seen that mentioned elsewhere but wasn't sure where to insert it.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users