BBO Discussion Forums: Problems with Travellers - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with Travellers scores reported on the traveller do not reflect last round adjustments

#1 User is offline   Surya58 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-21, 09:08

I find that If I make adjustments to the scores after a tournament is completed, but within the allowed 20 minutes after completion,
the adjustments do not appear in the Traveller. But when I look at the Player's Results, the corrected score does appear.
This is is causing a lot of complaints. I usually ask the complaining players to look at the relevant hand in their History.It is correctly reported there i.e. with the adjustment.
However, I feel that is not a satisfactory state of affairs.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-21, 10:48

It takes a little time for the adjustments to migrate to the myhands database that's used for travellers.

#3 User is offline   Surya58 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-21, 19:34

Thank you. But you know everybody is in a terrible hurry to know the results. So how long should I wait before announcing the final version of the results, where the traveller, and the Player’s History are reflecting the same result. I am asking you about this only for guidance and of course the selfish motive of escaping from all those apologies with which I am currently responding to complaints Thank you in advance

#4 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-July-27, 08:55

View PostSurya58, on 2020-July-21, 19:34, said:

So how long should I wait before announcing the final version of the results, where the traveller, and the Player’s History are reflecting the same result.

As barmar has explained, there is no specific time when the final results will be on the results server, though at the moment the transfer is happening fairly quickly. Once the 20 minutes adjusting time is over, you can easily see the travellers by visiting the link http://webutil.bridg...p?m=h&h=BBOhost (where you replace BBOhost with the BBO userid that set up the tournament). Click on boards for the event in question, then check one of the travellers to see if (at least one of) the adjustments you made after the end are included. Once they are, you can tell people that the result is final.

I find the best solution is to extend the last round if necessary so that all boards in this round are finished normally, and at the same time make sure that all other adjustments have been made before the tournament finishes, so that the initial results that are uploaded immediately the tournament ends are correct, though I do understand that this is not always possible.

#5 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-27, 13:53

View Postpeterb001, on 2020-July-27, 08:55, said:

I find the best solution is to extend the last round if necessary so that all boards in this round are finished normally, and at the same time make sure that all other adjustments have been made before the tournament finishes, so that the initial results that are uploaded immediately the tournament ends are correct, though I do understand that this is not always possible.

Either you lead a charmed life, or your tournaments are scheduled at lower load than mine are.
I have little chance of making adjustments related to the last few boards, as they are only erratically available.
And while this is getting better I do not recall travellers often being reconciled within the adjustment time.
A good start would be to lengthen the adjustment time.

#6 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-27, 15:43

Boards are reported at the end of the tournament.

Adjusted boards are reported at the end of the adjustment period.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-01, 11:22

View Postpescetom, on 2020-July-27, 13:53, said:

A good start would be to lengthen the adjustment time.

The adjustment time is 20 minutes. How much longer does it need to be?

#8 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-02, 15:37

View Postbarmar, on 2020-August-01, 11:22, said:

The adjustment time is 20 minutes. How much longer does it need to be?

I often fail to finish in 20 minutes and from posts I have read here it seems I am not the only one.
30 minutes would probably be sufficient in current conditions.
20 minutes would be more than enough if you could fix the problems that make it take longer (boards than cannot be reviewed during tournament, travellers not available or not reconciled during adjustment period, score adjustment that does not always remember the contract, "clocked" timeout that assigns an artificial score without notifying the director).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users