Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last round anomaly

#1 User is offline   mikekinsey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-31, 14:56

In a recent Pairs event there was some 'interesting' bidding and a TD call on the last hand.
Consequently, although I routinely increase the time on the last round, the hand at this table timed out.
There were six cards to play but declarer could only ever take three.
So as expected a message flashed up to say adjusted score Av/Av, followed almost immediately by a correct 'actual' result.
It happened to be -1100 but I think that is irrelevant.
The hand records for the players all show 1100.
However, the result pop-up, showed Av/Av.
It appears the scoring 'bit' of BBO grabbed the result in the few milliseconds before the result for that hand was corrected.
This appears to be a bug, surely the results grab should happen after the bots have played timed out boards.

#2 User is offline   squeezergb 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-31, 16:19

Any score adjustments made after the card is played appear to all be written to the 'My Hands' at the same time 20 minutes later. So results seem to be written just twice to the 'My Hands' database. The provisional results, immediately the event finishes and the final results, 20 minutes later. There are not incremental updates as changes are made. Whether it was a few milliseconds or 19 minutes and 59 seconds after the last card all updates will be written to the final results at the same time. Hence if you don't add time on to the last round so everybody finishes you cannot extract the results to put on the website until 20 minutes after the event. If you look at the results of your event now I am sure you will see that the 1100 is there. The other downside is that if the system or you make an adjustment during the 20 minutes the players will not be able to see it till the 20 minutes are up and they will not be able to ask you to review it. Therefore you should always extend the last round to allow all tables to finish but don't tell the players or they will get even slower.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users