• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parade of Morons Darwin Awards Nominations Accepted

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2021-August-17, 20:11

It is getting hard to keep up with all the Covid deaths of unvaccinated - but surely it is worth trying to keep track of some of the dumbest to succumb.

1)

A Texas mother and father have both died of COVID-19, leaving their four children orphaned, according to local reports. Lydia Rodriguez's husband, Lawrence, first contracted COVID-19 in July and died at the beginning of August. On Monday, Rodriguez died from COVID, a month after she got the virus. Neither of them had been vaccinated, according to Houston, Texas ABC affiliate KTRK. A cousin, Dottie Jones, told the outlet that the couple, who lived in Galveston County, didn't believe in vaccines.

2)

A religious radio broadcaster who spread disinformation about the coronavirus vaccines was killed by the virus Sunday. Dr. Jimmy DeYoung Sr. had been admitted to the hospital Aug. 7 with COVID-19 complications, according to his wife Judy, who also contracted the virus. In February, DeYoung published an interview promoting the conspiracy theories that the Pfizer vaccine would make women sterile and that world governments were using the virus and vaccine to centralize power. DeYoung's guest at the time, Sam Rohrer, said that very few people who were infected lost their lives, calling the vaccine only a "purported solution" and "not truly a vaccine.

my emphasis
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-20, 19:24

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weekslong Battle With Coronavirus

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.

He also posted conspiracy theories about the virus online. Last year, he dismissed masks as an “illusion,” claimed in December that there had been no increase in deaths in 2020, and said, “the American public has been gaslighted by the medical industrial complex.”

#3 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-21, 12:13

JUST WHISTLING DIXIE

I wish I were in Mississippi
masks are rare
vaccinations iffy
Take a day
for a stay
Without delay
in Dixieland

Oh, I wish I lived in Dixie
Away, away
Owned Dixie land
to take a stand
to die unmasked
in Dixie

All day, all day
they die all day
in Dixie

All day, all day
they die all day
in Dixie

In Dixie where good times forgotten
got a cough
and feeling rotten
turn away, turn away
turn away
Dixie land.

Oh, I wish I lived in Dixie
Away, away
Owned Dixie land
to take a stand
to die unmasked
in Dixie

All day, all day
they die all day
in Dixie

All day, all day
they die all day
in Dixie

Oh, I guess God's pissed at Dixie
No way, we pray!
But beds are gone
ventilators on
now white kids die in Dixie

All day, all day
now white kids die
in Dixie

All day, all day
now white kids die
in Dixie

https://www.wdam.com...id-19-patients/
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#4 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-21, 17:02

A conservative radio host in Nashville who derided vaccines and spread misinformation about the coronavirus has died of COVID-19. Phil Valentine was 61.

Though Valentine downplayed the efficacy of vaccines and even went so far as to record a parody song mocking them, he reversed his opinion while in the hospital, advising his family members to get the jab.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-August-22, 01:14

You know the old saying "There are no atheists in foxholes"? Maybe it should be replaced now with "There are no anti-vaxers in ICUs."

#6 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-22, 14:36

View Postbarmar, on 2021-August-22, 01:14, said:

You know the old saying "There are no atheists in foxholes"? Maybe it should be replaced now with "There are no anti-vaxers in ICUs."

LOL. You've got too much faith in anti-vaxxers. Some even use religion to enforce their anti-vaxxer religion.

Plenty of stories of anti-vaxxers like this guy.

LA man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines dies of virus

Stephen Harmon, a member of the Hillsong megachurch, had been a vocal opponent of vaccines, making a series of jokes about not having the vaccine.

"Got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," the 34-year-old tweeted to his 7,000 followers in June.

Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him.

Prior to his death, had joked about the pandemic and vaccines, sharing memes saying he trusted the Bible over top US disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci.

Hillsong founder Brian Houston confirmed news of his death in a tweet on Thursday.

#7 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-23, 14:48

COVID-19 outbreak among Cyber Ninjas staff delays delivery of full Arizona Senate audit

Thoughts and prayers.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#8 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-23, 14:59

View Posty66, on 2021-August-23, 14:48, said:

The only thing that stops a bad virus with a grudge is a.....Never mind.

#9 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-23, 15:10

Is this why they call it the World Wide Web (of deceit)?

A Norwegian conspiracy theorist, who believed COVID-19 was a hoax, has died from the virus just days after hosting two illegal gatherings at his property, according to officials.

Hans Kristian Gaarder, 60, from Gran, a municipality that lies 40 miles north of Oslo, tested positive for the virus after dying on April 6, officials said this week.

#10 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-23, 15:46

View Posty66, on 2021-August-23, 14:48, said:

Plenty of thoughts, not much in the way of prayers.

#11 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2021-August-23, 17:47

Amelia Nierenberg at NYT said:

As the Delta variant pushes cases skyward, hospitals are filling up: About one in four I.C.U.s across the country has at least 95 percent of beds occupied, according to a Times analysis.

“It’s like a war zone. We are just barraged with patients and have nowhere to put them,” said Cyndy O’Brien, an emergency room nurse and patient care coordinator at Singing River, a small health system on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.

She arrived for work one day to find people sprawled out in their cars gasping for air as three ambulances with gravely ill patients idled in the parking lot.

The problem is not just physical capacity. More than a year into the pandemic, hospitals are facing a critical nursing shortage, with potentially fatal consequences. Nearly 30 percent of Singing River’s 500 beds are empty because of 169 unfilled nursing positions.

Mississippi, which has the most new cases per capita in the U.S., has 2,000 fewer registered nurses than it did at the beginning of the year, according to the state’s hospital association.

Across the country, more than 1,200 nurses died from the virus during the pandemic. Now, the United States is enduring a fourth wave of infections, many nurses are angry, depleted and traumatized.

Thousands have taken early retirement, left the profession or opted for less stressful nursing jobs at schools, summer camps and private doctor’s offices.

“We’re exhausted, both physically and emotionally,” O’Brien said, choking back tears.

https://messaging-cu...896ed87b2d9c72a

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#12 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-23, 18:35

View Postjohnu, on 2021-August-23, 15:46, said:

Plenty of thoughts, not much in the way of prayers.

Surely you jest - all those deniers are operating on a wing and a prayer. Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-23, 18:38

Mississippi, which has the most new cases per capita in the U.S., has 2,000 fewer registered nurses than it did at the beginning of the year, according to the state's hospital association.

No, I am not coming out of retirement. Jackasses need vets, not nurses.

#14 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2021-August-24, 06:08

Stephen A Smith said:

On Friday, the Mississippi Health Department said incidents of people taking this horse medicine accounted for more than 70 percent of recent calls to the state’s poison center. That’s shocking, and I’ll tell you why: I had no idea Mississippi had a health department.

Stephen A Smith said:

Do you eat your meals out of a bag that has been strapped to your mouth? Are you led around by a carrot or a stick? How about: Do you sleep standing up? Do you sleep in a stable? No? Then take people medicine, OK? Try that.

#15 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-24, 08:00

It's hard not to swell with pride about my home state:

KFOR contacted 12 Tractor Supply stores around Oklahoma, and they all said Ivermectin was sold out.

"Ivermectin is gone within hours of shipment," one store said.

"I mean, we even have 'Please don't eat' signs up," another told KFOR.

"We haven't received a shipment in two weeks," said a supply store. "I think it's because people are consuming it."

#16 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-August-24, 08:39

Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him.

Whenever someone says something like this, they need to be reminded of the God Will Save Me parable.

#17 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-24, 14:07

View Postbarmar, on 2021-August-24, 08:39, said:

Whenever someone says something like this, they need to be reminded of the God Will Save Me parable.

That was the first thing that came into my head too!

#18 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-24, 14:54

My brother-in-law came up with a great idea: anyone who is unvaccinated and shows up at the hospital with Covid should be issued a My Pillow and sent home.

I think they should get a little more - a My Pillow, a vet's prescription for the cattle de-wormer Ivermectin, and a coupon for a free spaying or neutering.

#19 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-25, 13:40

At a status hearing for Shane Jenkins, a January 6 defendant accused of assault, this morning, his currently retained attorney, Public Defender Maria Jacob, started by saying that she believes that she's being replaced. John Pierce's colleague, Ryan Marshall (who is not barred in DC but nevertheless handled Pierce's appearance in Nate DeGrave's case yesterday), piped up to say, yes, that was happening but unfortunately the notice of appearance he thought had been filed last night had not appeared on the docket yet. When Judge Amit Mehta asked where Pierce was, Marshall said, "Mr. Pierce is in the hospital, we believe, with COVID-19, on a ventilator, non-responsive."

Judge Mehta wished the Pierce family well and scheduled a hearing next Thursday rather than accepting the appearance of a lawyer on a ventilator to represent his 18th client in this matter.

Update: A week ago, Pierce said he would never get vaccinated.

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2021-August-25, 16:11

Matt Yglesias said:

Accept no substitutes. Insist on genuine ivermectin sheep drench.

Posted Image

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users