BBO Discussion Forums: messages - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

#1 User is offline   aennemer 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-04, 05:26

Hello. I start a table in casual bridge, reserve the seats for 4 of us, the others can write messages but mine dont show and just says kitbizter in the box?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-04, 06:27

aennemer, on 2020-May-04, 05:26, said:

Hello. I start a table in casual bridge, reserve the seats for 4 of us, the others can write messages but mine dont show and just says kitbizter in the box?

Click on the blue Chat button that says ->Kibitzers and change it to ->Table

Kibitzers are the people watching at the table and you are speaking to them. It is not chat that is supposed to go the table.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-04, 08:34

Paul - do you know if we still have to add +anchat+ to the description to let new players chat or has that been scrapped in the new version? Thanks!!

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-04, 08:45

BabsG, on 2020-May-04, 08:34, said:

Paul - do you know if we still have to add +anchat+ to the description to let new players chat or has that been scrapped in the new version? Thanks!!

+anchat+ applies to allow chat for newbies who want to chat to the table or to the kibitzers while watching a game.

Newbies are allowed to chat in rest like everyone else.

What OP seems to be talking about is chat while playing. Newbies are allowed to chat to the table they are playing at, they don't need special hacks for that.

Only if you are hosting a lecture with 1000 kibitzers and want to prevent someone from returning with a new username to disrupt your event you would need stuff like +silentspecs+ or, the other way around, when hosting a large lecture for newcomers, you want to let them ask questions in public chat by adding +anchat+ in table description.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users