Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Double Dummy Contracts?

#1 User is offline   R_A_D 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-29, 05:48

I am a novice player. When I play at my brick and mortar club there is an ACBL Hand Record (http://web2.acbl.org...sis/218032M.pdf) available after the game. A useful feature of the Hand Record Is being able to see the possible "double dummy" contracts for each board that was played so that I can improve my bidding.  How do I find/display the makable "double dummy" contracts for the hands played in a BBO/ACBL online tournament?

#2 User is offline   cencio 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-29, 06:23

R_A_D, on 2020-April-29, 05:48, said:

I am a novice player. When I play at my brick and mortar club there is an ACBL Hand Record (http://web2.acbl.org...sis/218032M.pdf) available after the game. A useful feature of the Hand Record Is being able to see the "double dummy" contracts for each board that was played.  How do I find/display the "double dummy" contracts for the hands played in a BBO/ACBL online tournament?

Open the hands with a software with the par option: ex: Double dummy solver. Very useful for a novice and it is free,That doesn't hurt

#3 User is offline   R_A_D 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-29, 07:25

cencio, on 2020-April-29, 06:23, said:

Open the hands with a software with the par option: ex: Double dummy solver. Very useful for a novice and it is free,That doesn't hurt

OK. Do you have any suggestions for a "software with the par option" that I can download and use on a MacBook with OSx? My computer skills are about the same as my bridge skills

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-April-29, 07:59

Check out the following thread for a couple different options

https://www.bridgeba...__1#entry994262
Alderaan delenda est

#5 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-29, 13:41

R_A_D, on 2020-April-29, 07:25, said:

OK. Do you have any suggestions for a "software with the par option" that I can download and use on a MacBook with OSx? My computer skills are about the same as my bridge skills

Check out Bridgesolver here which has an excellent plug in for Chrome, if that works under OSx.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users