BBO Discussion Forums: Someone else is editing your tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Someone else is editing your tournament

#1 User is offline   sandiem 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-21, 03:50

Was just modifying a tournament I had set up when a message flashed up saying "someone else is modifying your team game or tournament".

How is this possible? I am the only director?

#2 User is offline   biometrics 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Statistics , Quantitative Research, Bridge, Reading Crime stories & thrillers

Posted 2020-April-21, 03:58

sandiem, on 2020-April-21, 03:50, said:

Was just modifying a tournament I had set up when a message flashed up saying "someone else is modifying your team game or tournament".

How is this possible? I am the only director?

This happens if you try do change anything Right after you clicked on modify. If you change anything and "modify" you have to close your tournament before being able to modify again. Otherwise you do get that message.

Kind regards

#3 User is offline   sandiem 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-21, 04:16

biometrics, on 2020-April-21, 03:58, said:

This happens if you try do change anything Right after you clicked on modify. If you change anything and "modify" you have to close your tournament before being able to modify again. Otherwise you do get that message.

Kind regards

Thanks very much. That explains it :)

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-21, 12:52

sandiem, on 2020-April-21, 04:16, said:

Thanks very much. That explains it :)

BBO likes to give paradoxical and stern error messages when you give a superfluous command, to keep you on your toes B-)
If you are already clicked to register for a tournament and when nothing happens you click again, or if you select the table that you are already watching, or similar.
The only one to worry about is "You have been replaced and are no longer playing in this tournament" - that means you really have been kicked out, because it was your turn to play and you didn't realise (there is no warning sound).

Another easy way to go wrong with tournaments is to absent-mindedly click 'Close' when done - it just throws your work away obediently and silently.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users