Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What should I spend $BB on?

#1 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 22:59

So, I won BB$10 for making a slam, and then writing a story about it.

I haven't used $BB in the past (I'm pretty frugal spender). What are people's recommendations on how I should best use this?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-June-15, 00:02

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-June-14, 22:59, said:

So, I won BB$10 for making a slam, and then writing a story about it.

I haven't used $BB in the past (I'm pretty frugal spender). What are people's recommendations on how I should best use this?

Try several tourneys and see which you like best? My favorites are tourneys that pay back $$ prizes (Rebate 55% where if you're good enough you can get $1.5 back but the field is tough, or if you have a good internet connection and you play fast, Robot Reward).

If you want to win points and advance your rank fast, then daylongs are cheapest and pay most points.

For playing with people, ACBL Speedballs (decent field, polite, no crazy scores to ruin it for everyone, reasonably trained TDs). But these are quite expensive for someone who doesn't care about winning ACBL masterpoints.

Instant Tournaments are very popular too (instant comparisons, instant results, they're pretty addictive).

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-15, 01:17

Cool, thanks! I've played a number of free robot races and win about 99% of the time, so I expect Robot Reward is the way to go. The better I do, the more I can keep playing :)

Competition will be much tougher, of course. (But still managed to win on the first attempt, by only 10 points after 2nd place gave me a scare with a vulnerable game in the last seconds..)

#4 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-15, 04:05

I would suggest Robot Rebate 55%. They are more fun.

Plus you will learn some weird skills on how to fool the bots for a top; occasionally become one when your stunt backfires :rolleyes:

I think there is a bigger element of skill, whereas Reward games are total points and luck plays some role in the outcome.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-June-15, 08:36

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-June-15, 01:17, said:

Cool, thanks! I've played a number of free robot races and win about 99% of the time, so I expect Robot Reward is the way to go. The better I do, the more I can keep playing :)

Just follow the Leo Lasota strategy. He hasn't had to buy BB$ in over 5 years, he just keeps playing on his Reward winnings.

#6 User is offline   mlbridge 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-16, 23:07

View Postshyams, on 2018-June-15, 04:05, said:

I would suggest Robot Rebate 55%. They are more fun.

Plus you will learn some weird skills on how to fool the bots for a top; occasionally become one when your stunt backfires :rolleyes:

I think there is a bigger element of skill, whereas Reward games are total points and luck plays some role in the outcome.

How many places do they pay out? Is it just first prize or multiple prizes?

#7 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-16, 23:51

View Postmlbridge, on 2018-June-16, 23:07, said:

How many places do they pay out? Is it just first prize or multiple prizes?

I tried a few of them - everyone who scores >= 55% gets $1.50 back (for a $1 entry fee).

Looks like Robot Reward is definitely the way to make $BB though - doubled my money in a day :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users