Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robot trap! Pass with something, then bid too high to compensate

#1 User is offline   silvr bull 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-February-22, 01:39

The robot executed a clever trap in a recent Daylong. It passed at the 4 level with enough values to bid, but then it overbid to the 5 level to complete the partner trap. Fortunately, I managed to make 5S, but the robot trap is a viscous tool in its arsenal against human partners!

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-February-22, 19:03

I assume the 2nd double show 25+ points, but what's not to like about a well thought out cue bid at the 5 level. OK, it bypasses possible contracts of 4 4 and 5, but you could have been in slam.

#3 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-February-22, 20:51

View Postsilvr bull, on 2017-February-22, 01:39, said:

The robot executed a clever trap in a recent Daylong. It passed at the 4 level with enough values to bid, but then it overbid to the 5 level to complete the partner trap. Fortunately, I managed to make 5S, but the robot trap is a viscous tool in its arsenal against human partners!

I think I can top that.

Diamonds and spades, that reminds me. I think I haven't posted this one here because it was too exotic but you will like it. Actually everybody will like it with the exceptions of myself and possibly johnu. ;)

It happened in a recent challenge event. LHO opens 1, two passes, and I have a hand where I wonder if I should jump to 4 or right to 6. My opponent at the other table decided for 6 and went down 1. I chickened and bid 4, so this could have been a good hand until my GIB partner cue bid at the 7 level! Well actually it wasn't a cue bid. Just check the labels and enjoy! And if some time in the future someone tells you about bridge logic, feel free to send them here. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users