BBO Discussion Forums: GIB still won't lead my suit back to me - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB still won't lead my suit back to me GIB Advanced

#1 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-October-15, 20:48

GIB still has a problem of not leading back my suit that I lead, whether directly or later in the hand. Here, not only did it not lead a Spade back, but when I continued the suit, and later led a Club so it could win the A and give my rightful ruff, it REFUSED!

Maybe it's an Ace thing? Here, I am strongly implying a good suit and shortness as I didn't lead partner's suit. I DID NOT expect Axx, so the defense went horribly.

"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#2 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-October-16, 00:27

View Postchasetb, on 2015-October-15, 20:48, said:

GIB still has a problem of not leading back my suit that I lead, whether directly or later in the hand. Here, not only did it not lead a Spade back, but when I continued the suit, and later led a Club so it could win the A and give my rightful ruff, it REFUSED!

Maybe it's an Ace thing? Here, I am strongly implying a good suit and shortness as I didn't lead partner's suit. I DID NOT expect Axx, so the defense went horribly.

Classic GIB play- playing as though dummy can trump with no shortness.

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-October-17, 00:27

On Board 14, maybe North inserted 9 because he simulated that you were underleading Q. I wonder whether he would have drawn the same conclusion if you had returned 7 instead of 4.

#4 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-October-18, 13:47

1st one: GIB seems to just assume you play how it does a lot of the time. And it figures it wouldn't have led away from a doubleton to start, so it probably figures you don't have a doubleton. And then it likes to try to just draw the offsides winners as early as possible so it sees heart weakness in dummy and immediately starts trying to win those.

2nd one: Again you did something other than the standard. If you have something like KJ10x, you should lead the J, and then it would have worked great. It really does not expect you to lead low from a suit where you have a bunch of good cards against an NT contract. It likes to avoid bidding NT even sometimes with a 7-card fit, and then it assumes the other team actually bids that way too and has the suits well-stopped so that leading low from a suit where you have some good cards isn't how it likes to defend against NT.

So I don't think either of those is a real problem for it, it's just following a different style than you are.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users