BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1071 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#16381 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-02, 16:00

To be honest, I don't think Biden should be out campaigning just because of one negative test. A test less than 3 days after exposure still has quite high odds of a false negative I thought.
But obviously I know nothing about the details and data of the test he took.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#16382 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-October-02, 16:01

View PostZelandakh, on 2020-October-02, 15:45, said:

The POTUS is apparently being hospitalised, which classes his as a serious case no matter how much his team try to downplay it in the coming hours and days. Like you, I would hope that he recovers and that the episode does not cause the USA any issues. In the best case, it might lead to the WH taking the virus more seriously and saving a few lives in the coming months.

The best thing that could happen to the US would be for Trump to die right now.

1. I am very worried that Trump will try to contest an election. I don't believe that Pence would. I'm not looking forward to a second civil war, regardless of whether or not it is cold.

2. If Trump loses the election, there's a very real chance that he will be charged and convicted for any number of crimes. Here once again, I'm not looking forward to seeing the country torn apart with arguments over whether or not and ex President can be arrested / imprisoned or whether he needs to be pardoned for the "good of the nation".

Its much much better that he dies now...
Alderaan delenda est

#16383 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-02, 16:09

This thing is escalating very quickly, I'm afraid. The President is being taken to hospital (or perhaps he's already left for hospital).

This is so reminiscent of what happened to Boris Johnson which, as everyone knows, got a lot scary very quickly. And BoJo is both younger & fitter when compared to Trump. Fingers crossed, all will be well soon. This is not good.

#16384 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-02, 16:33

A lot of people on this forum, and I'm not going to point fingers, have called the Grifter in Chief a pathological liar, a sociopath, a traitor to the USA, a criminal, a lousy golfer, etc.

I am here to set the record straight. For a man of his age and obesity, the Manchurian President is a much better golfer than most, with the exception of people who play every day who are in the golf industry, and retirees who are healthy enough to play every day. His strong points are the foot wedge and a special White House score calculator that only counts "serious" golf shots. You may disagree with what I've written, but I stand by this post.

#16385 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-October-02, 16:36

As I understand matters, Trump is being treated with "regeneron" which is an infusion of a cocktail of two different monoclonal antibodies. There is a requirement that he be in the hospital with an IV and cardiac and oxygenation monitoring because there is a risk of anaphylaxis.

I'd be thrilled if he were dying, but I don't think we can start counting our chickens quite yet
Alderaan delenda est

#16386 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-02, 17:13

View Postjohnu, on 2020-October-02, 16:33, said:

A lot of people on this forum, and I'm not going to point fingers, have called the Grifter in Chief a pathological liar, a sociopath, a traitor to the USA, a criminal, a lousy golfer, etc.

I am here to set the record straight. For a man of his age and obesity, the Manchurian President is a much better golfer than most, with the exception of people who play every day who are in the golf industry, and retirees who are healthy enough to play every day. His strong points are the foot wedge and a special White House score calculator that only counts "serious" golf shots. You may disagree with what I've written, but I stand by this post.

Bill Clinton cheated like hell on the golf course also, seems to go with the job.

#16387 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2020-October-02, 17:30

View PostCyberyeti, on 2020-October-02, 17:13, said:

Bill Clinton cheated like hell on the golf course also, seems to go with the job.

Bill Clinton also cheated on his wife. Are you claiming that Clinton and Trump are somehow equals?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#16388 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-02, 18:46

View PostCyberyeti, on 2020-October-02, 17:13, said:

Bill Clinton was a piker compared to the Grifter when it comes to golf. Bill never won a golf tournament he entered if he ever played in one, and certainly never "won" a tournament he never even entered. Clinton's idea of fun on the golf course was relaxing for an afternoon with friends and drinking a "few" beers and other beverages. Even "Ike" was given a lot of "presidential" gimmes which he graciously accepted. Dan Quayle was probably the only guy that spent time in the White House who didn't need to bend the rules since he was actually pretty good as a former member of a college golf team.

#16389 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2020-October-02, 19:34

View Posthrothgar, on 2020-October-02, 16:01, said:

1. I am very worried that Trump will try to contest an election. I don't believe that Pence would. I'm not looking forward to a second civil war, regardless of whether or not it is cold.

2. If Trump loses the election, there's a very real chance that he will be charged and convicted for any number of crimes. Here once again, I'm not looking forward to seeing the country torn apart with arguments over whether or not and ex President can be arrested / imprisoned or whether he needs to be pardoned for the "good of the nation".

I'd prefer him to just disappear - hate the idea of him in Arlington.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#16390 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2020-October-02, 19:43

View PostZelandakh, on 2020-October-02, 15:45, said:

He and his wife were indeed tested. it came back negative but the process severely delayed their campaigning schedule. I think it was a good look for them that they waited for the test. Whether they should also cut back generally I am not sure. I daresay that they will be guided by medical professionals in this.

The POTUS is apparently being hospitalised, which classes his as a serious case no matter how much his team try to downplay it in the coming hours and days. Like you, I would hope that he recovers and that the episode does not cause the USA any issues. In the best case, it might lead to the WH taking the virus more seriously and saving a few lives in the coming months.

And it is not just the president. Senators, the chair of the RNC and others. If these people are really unable to accept the importance of caution with this disease then the voters have to recognize irresponsibility and idiocy when they see it smack dab in front of them. They don't wear a mask because the president wouldn't like it? Really?

C'mon folks, it's way past time.
Ken

#16391 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2020-October-02, 21:12

I'm amazed how this White House super-spreader event mirrors the information in this Atlantic article.

But unless you’ve been reading scientific journals, you’re less likely to have encountered k, the measure of its dispersion. The definition of k is a mouthful, but it’s simply a way of asking whether a virus spreads in a steady manner or in big bursts, whereby one person infects many, all at once. After nine months of collecting epidemiological data, we know that this is an overdispersed pathogen, meaning that it tends to spread in clusters, but this knowledge has not yet fully entered our way of thinking about the pandemic—or our preventive practices.

#16392 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-02, 21:14

View Posthrothgar, on 2020-October-02, 16:01, said:

I can't disagree more. In my perfect future, the Manchurian President will lose the election in November, forced out of office at noon, January 20, and indicted for many crimes soon after.

In a plea deal, the Grifter in Chief will:

1. Allocute to all his crimes
2. Renounce his right to a government pension and health care
3. Renounce his right to Secret Service protection
4. Renounce his US citizenship
5. Pay back all of emoluments he has illegally obtained in the last 4 years
6. Self-deport to another country and never touch foot in the USA. Russia, are you listening?

#16393 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2020-October-02, 21:22

Karma is most definitely a bitch: Kelly Ann Conway positive for corona virus.

#16394 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2020-October-02, 22:07

Maybe Donald should try a Novichok treatment - Putin says it's good at getting rid of his problems.

#16395 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2020-October-03, 04:19

View PostWinstonm, on 2020-October-02, 21:12, said:

I'm amazed how this White House super-spreader event mirrors the information in this Atlantic article.

Yup, this article was posted in the coronavirus thread a day or two back, thought provoking.

Btw can Donald pardon himself before conviction ? or does he have to be prosecuted first ?

#16396 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2020-October-03, 04:40

View PostCyberyeti, on 2020-October-03, 04:19, said:

Btw can Donald pardon himself before conviction ? or does he have to be prosecuted first ?

He probably cannot pardon himself legally (subject to a SCOTUS ruling) but Mike Pence could pardon him without charges being brought. That would only apply to federal prosecution though - the potential charges from NY cannot be pardoned as they are at State level.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#16397 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-October-03, 06:37

View PostZelandakh, on 2020-October-03, 04:40, said:

He probably cannot pardon himself legally (subject to a SCOTUS ruling) but Mike Pence could pardon him without charges being brought.

There are no limits on a President's ability to pardon Federal crimes.
Alderaan delenda est

#16398 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2020-October-03, 07:06

Just a trivial point: The WH has described taking DT to WR as "out of an abundance of caution" That's the same phrase used by the doctor's office when they informed me that one of the staff had tested positive. They were letting me know of this "out of an abundance of caution> It seems to be becoming a phrase of the day. So how are they describing whatever they are doing regarding Melania? I have not heard of what they are doing, but are they throwing caution to the wind? Acting out of limited caution?
I am sure I can go through life w/o learning the answer, but it struck me that much is being done for DT and we hear nothing of what is being done for Melania.

Another point of trivia. We have heard of how covid has hit some groups very hard in comparison to the number of people in that group. It appears that close associates of Trump would be one such group.
Ken

#16399 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2020-October-03, 07:16

View PostCyberyeti, on 2020-October-03, 04:19, said:

Yup, this article was posted in the coronavirus thread a day or two back, thought provoking.

That question has never been answered so if it happened the Supreme Court would almost assuredly have to rule on it.

#16400 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2020-October-03, 07:20

View Postkenberg, on 2020-October-03, 07:06, said:

Just a trivial point: The WH has described taking DT to WR as "out of an abundance of caution" That's the same phrase used by the doctor's office when they informed me that one of the staff had tested positive. They were letting me know of this "out of an abundance of caution> It seems to be becoming a phrase of the day. So how are they describing whatever they are doing regarding Melania? I have not heard of what they are doing, but are they throwing caution to the wind? Acting out of limited caution?
I am sure I can go through life w/o learning the answer, but it struck me that much is being done for DT and we hear nothing of what is being done for Melania.

Another point of trivia. We have heard of how covid has hit some groups very hard in comparison to the number of people in that group. It appears that close associates of Trump would be one such group.

Concerning Melania, all I can say is:

I Really Don't Care, Do U?

David Frum from the Atlantic on Trump's diagnosis.

• 1071 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

90 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 90 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google