Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's a new year Resolutions

#1 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-05, 14:27

Ok, maybe this is the year I switch from downloadable to net bbo. Maybe.

Today I gave it a shot playing with a partner. I set a tabe, pard and I sat, I bought a couple of the upscale bots, we played. Some questions:

1. Upscale bots don't accept claims, even if declarer has all trump and they have none?

2. And they don't allow undos? We are defending 3X, the J75 is on the table. I have QT9. I can see that the only chance is to get partner, when in with one of his trumps to lead away from his hoped for King. I do my best to suggest a club. Partner, bless him, gets the message and leads a small club. He leads a low club. Bot plays the J from dummy. I play the 9. Quick, where's the undo? We can agree that I did not mean to play the 9?

3.Setting the table, I checked that kibs don't need permission to kib and can chat with players. Maybe there weren't any, I don't draw a crowd. Or they all left in disgust after my play. But is there something to click to see who, if anyone, is kibbing? If it were someone I knew, I would kick a bot and invite him/her to play.

No doubt I will have more questions.

Happy New Year, and BBO is great in either version, but I will give the net version a try if I can figure out how it all works.
Ken

#2 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-January-05, 14:49

View Postkenberg, on 2014-January-05, 14:27, said:

1. Upscale bots don't accept claims, even if declarer has all trump and they have none?

They don't yet; this is supposedly coming soon. Bots in robot tournaments accept claims as of a week or two ago.

2. And they don't allow undos?

They do not. I don't know if this is in the works or not.

3.Setting the table, I checked that kibs don't need permission to kib and can chat with players. Maybe there weren't any, I don't draw a crowd. Or they all left in disgust after my play. But is there something to click to see who, if anyone, is kibbing? If it were someone I knew, I would kick a bot and invite him/her to play.

Click the "Who's Online" tab on the right, it should then allow you to click on "Kibitzers" to see who's watching.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-09, 14:36

I predict that if you stick with it for long enough you won’t want to go back. That is how it was for me, anyway. I think that a lot of the die-hards just don’t give it a long enough run.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users