Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stalker who wont leave me alone? YYYYYY, also XXXXXX has stalked me for years

#1 User is offline   1MissGolf 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-12, 17:56

This player who claims to be a BIL member changes his nick into many different names. I am so freaked out by this man that I want to change my nick so he will NEVER bother me again! It's difficult that BBO does not keep track of the many log-ins that this pervert has. He has been sexually suggestive to the point of disgust and vomit. I would call the POLICE if not for the fact that he resides in Scotland. Please, please, please, get this Pervert OFF of this site!

This post has been edited by inquiry: 2014-January-12, 19:46
Reason for edit: Title has been changed to remove names (see inquiry post below)

#2 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-12, 18:07

View Post1MissGolf, on 2014-January-12, 17:56, said:

This player who claims to be a BIL member changes his nick into many different names. I am so freaked out by this man that I want to change my nick so he will NEVER bother me again! It's difficult that BBO does not keep track of the many log-ins that this pervert has. He has been sexually suggestive to the point of disgust and vomit. I would call the POLICE if not for the fact that he resides in Scotland. Please, please, please, get this Pervert OFF of this site!

Talk to one of the Yellows about how to send a screenshot to abuse. Changing your nick might be the simplest/least troublesome way to stop being a target. It's difficult for BBO to ban people when as you noted, the vermin simply change their nick and reregister.

If he is really that bad, you could even contact the Scottish police, they may have some sort of law about internet behaviour. More and more countries are putting internet bullying laws into place and it sounds as though what is happening would meet that criteria.

Good luck

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-January-12, 19:52

Welcome to the BBO Forums, 1MissGolf

I had to edit the title of your post, removing the names of the people you reported as that is a violation of BBO forum posting guidelines. However, the action you have reported in your post is a MAJOR violation of the rules of BBO and the violators should be barred from the BBO. The ideal thing is to report this action directly to abuse@bridgebase.com and give some information about date/time when this happened. However, the nature of the complaint is such that abuse will check all the records to verify the actions you described occurred and then take the necessary steps.

I have forwarded your complaint myself to abuse, who should investigate your allegations promptly. You should not have to change your username etc to avoid such behavior, as this behavior should never be allowed to continue and should you change, creeps like this would just harsh someone else, which isn't right. He should just be kicked out (understand, however, keeping such people out gets to be very problematic because of the create new username and some tricks to sidestep bbo's minimal security stuff).
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users