BBO Discussion Forums: Forum issue: can't start a topic in "Bridge Material Review" - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forum issue: can't start a topic in "Bridge Material Review"

#1 User is offline   Heron 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-02, 21:04

I can (if you are reading this!) create new topics in most fora, but in the "Bridge Material Review" section that button is greyed out and instead says "You cannot start a new topic". (The individual topics also all come up as locked.)

Is there some nonobvious criterion for posting there? Is there just some setting gone wrong? Has someone looked at my bidding history and decided I should never, ever be allowed to review something?

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-January-02, 21:24

View PostHeron, on 2014-January-02, 21:04, said:

I can (if you are reading this!) create new topics in most fora, but in the "Bridge Material Review" section that button is greyed out and instead says "You cannot start a new topic". (The individual topics also all come up as locked.)

Is there some nonobvious criterion for posting there? Is there just some setting gone wrong? Has someone looked at my bidding history and decided I should never, ever be allowed to review something?

I am not sure why you can't post in that forum. It has the same permissions as this forum (you are a "member" see it under your name) which is all that is required. You do have to be logged in to post. I will try to figure it out, but make sure you are logged in and try again.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-January-03, 09:25

The Bridge Material Review forum has a restriction that you have to have 25 total posts before you can post there.

I think that was put there because our restriction on posts about third-party products is relaxed there, but we don't want creators or shills for these products to create accounts just for the purpose of starting a thread there.

#4 User is offline   Heron 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-03, 16:26

View Postbarmar, on 2014-January-03, 09:25, said:

The Bridge Material Review forum has a restriction that you have to have 25 total posts before you can post there.

Aha! Thanks. (One more, then...)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users