BBO Discussion Forums: UI Ruling - Is Pass an LA? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UI Ruling - Is Pass an LA? Do you get a second bite at the cherry?

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-03, 19:31

View Postbarmar, on 2012-October-03, 09:17, said:

You may think so, but you're probably wrong. I've read many books and articles that explain how oblivious we are to the subconscious biases that go into practically all our decisions. For example, see Why Your Brain Is Irrational about Obama and Romney from this month's Scientific American.

Yes, I was not thinking about guessing what happened, but being aware that the action by the hand you are given is under scrutiny probably has some effect on your thought process.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2012-October-04, 00:42

Sometimes it can help to have seen the hand before. If you faced the same or a similar problem at the table, you already know what actions you would consider.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#23 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-October-04, 01:56

View Postgnasher, on 2012-October-04, 00:42, said:

Sometimes it can help to have seen the hand before. If you faced the same or a similar problem at the table, you already know what actions you would consider.

Yes, that's true if you happened to sit the same way and had a similar auction.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2012-October-04, 10:01

View Postgnasher, on 2012-October-04, 00:42, said:

What if your opponent held the hand? Is it appropriate to tell the pollster what he did with it, if it is different from what you would do?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2012-October-04, 10:57

View PostVampyr, on 2012-October-04, 10:01, said:

What if your opponent held the hand? Is it appropriate to tell the pollster what he did with it, if it is different from what you would do?

Yes, why not? The director may find the information useful, and if he doesn't he can disregard it.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users