Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Restoration of Equity after irregularities

#1 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-15, 13:07

I have just thought of another problem with the proposals to replace all rectifications after irregularities with rectifications that restore equity and penalise the OS.

It is another issue of practicality; therefore the proponents of the above will probably give it short shrift.

To wit: If there are no mechanical rectifications it will often be impossible to determine just what would have happened without the illegal action. So jurisdictions that don't allow percentage scores will find these laws difficult to implement -- in fact the NOS will often gain more advantage than they do (do they really?) at present.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#2 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-15, 16:47

If you're talking about the changes that I suggested, equity would be restored by cancelling the illegal call or play, and telling the offender to do something legal instead.

The only circumstances under which we would have to assign a score are:
- If there is a subsequent infraction relating to the UI from the original infraction. That's just like any other UI ruling.
- If it becomes impossble or impracticable to unwind the play to the point of the infraction, for example in the case of a revoke which isn't discovered until a later trick. Depending on the jurisdiction we might award either a 12C1c or a 12C1e adjustment. Whatever we do is likely to be better than under the current laws.

This post has been edited by gnasher: 2012-October-15, 16:52

... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users