Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moderation(in all things) Dear Mr Moderator

#1 User is offline   Jeremy69A 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-January-10, 10:06

It's not common for moderators in any forum to lock threads because they don't like the replies or perhaps people arguing with them but it seems to happen here(although don't get me wrong the locking of the thread today was on balance a good move but second best to removing it. However

Suffice it to say that Jeremy has no clue what "proper procedure" may be in running this forum,

Well, I may not be an expert and am happy to concede there will be others who know more than me but I have helped to run a (non bridge related) forum so have some limited idea. The terse posting indicating that the whole world is wrong except one or more moderators does not, IMO, represent good practice nor does locking the thread because one moderator is "not inclined to discuss it further" see below

I replied not to any "report" (which I never got, if he did send one),

Always a good idea to suggest someone is being less than truthful with no evidence. I sent you a further report(just testing) about 6 hours ago. If you haven't got this then there maybe something wrong with the system(or perhaps my mendacity knows no bounds).

I'm not inclined to discuss this any further. I may delete this thread, I haven't decided yet

Well as you don't want to discuss it any more...............................

The (now) locked thread shows many things including the opinion of some but not all that the original posting of this topic and also the previous one in October was not a great idea. You disagree that this is so or at least there is a problem. Fair enough but I think the way you have gone about this has not done a lot to improve the standing of the moderation process of this board.

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-January-10, 18:05

When I said "if you did send one", I was thinking that you might have made a mistake or misremembered what you actually did (since there was a reply reporting the problem in the thread. I'm sorry you think I was calling you a liar, but I assure you, if I'd thought you were lying, I'd have said so flat out.

I have not received your second report either. I'll talk to the board administrators about it.

I have hidden the thread. I may still delete it.

What, exactly, Jeremy, would you like us (David and I) to do at this point?
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   Jeremy69A 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-January-10, 18:13

I have not received your second report either. I'll talk to the board administrators about it.

Thank you.

I have hidden the thread. I may still delete it.

Good move. Thank you.

What, exactly, Jeremy, would you like us (David and I) to do at this point?

I'm not sure there is much else you can do but in my view rather like policemen are held to higher standards so ought moderators and in IMO they should refrain from starting posts about disputes which may lead to disciplinary action in clubs or at a higher level especially if those posts have identifiable information. As David does not accept that he has done anything wrong we may all be banging our heads against a brick wall!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users