BBO Discussion Forums: Call out of rotation behind screens - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Call out of rotation behind screens WBF

#1 User is offline   jhenrikj 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-May-27, 11:27

West is dealer. South opens out of turn with 1H. West overcalls 1S. Now before the tray is passed under the screen director is called. Should this be corrected or is this a legal bidding west accepting the BOT?

#2 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-May-27, 11:39

View Postjhenrikj, on 2011-May-27, 11:27, said:

West is dealer. South opens out of turn with 1H. West overcalls 1S. Now before the tray is passed under the screen director is called. Should this be corrected or is this a legal bidding west accepting the BOT?

This is not a matter of law, you must consult the screen regulation in force to find the answer.

For the record: The Norwegian regulation specifies that when the tray has not been passed to the other side the error shall be corrected without any consequence (i.e. in the form of rectification), a call out of turn cannot in that situation be accepted.

#3 User is offline   jhenrikj 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-May-27, 11:49

Wbf screen regulations is in force. They say that infringing calls shall be corrected, the question is if it still is concidered an infringing call after the 1S overcall or if the overcall has made the BOT a legal bid.

#4 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-May-27, 12:25

Yes, it's still an illegal call - if you were allowed to accept it, that wouldn't make it a legal call; it would make it an accepted illegal call.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users