Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

tournaments sign up early

#1 User is offline   chriswen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-May-14, 07:02

How do you signup for a tournament early, like one day before. Is there a list of ALL tournaments so that you can search for a tournament number you have.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-May-14, 09:59

Welcome to the forums, Chriswen.

Very few face-to-face tournaments allow early signups. Mostly, you show up at the venue and pay your money there. The exceptions are big championship events; they often require advance entries, so they can seed properly.

If you're asking only about BBO tourneys (FYI, the BBO-specific forums are down below, this forum is for bridge in general, not specific to BBO), I think you need to use the Windows client to see tourneys more than 2 hours ahead. The new, browser version doesn't show them.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-May-14, 13:38

View Postbarmar, on 2011-May-14, 09:59, said:

Very few face-to-face tournaments allow early signups. Mostly, you show up at the venue and pay your money there. The exceptions are big championship events; they often require advance entries, so they can seed properly.

It is the opposite in the UK. Very few f2f tournaments allow you to show up at the venue and pay. Pre-entry is the norm.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   apjames 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-May-16, 18:33

View Postpaulg, on 2011-May-14, 13:38, said:

It is the opposite in the UK. Very few f2f tournaments allow you to show up at the venue and pay. Pre-entry is the norm.

Same in NZ, pre-entry is required

#5 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-May-16, 19:35

This demonstrate why you either put more details in your post or post in a specific forum like BBO Support or Offline Bridge. Is this mainly about online tournaments or offline tournaments? I'd say in almost every well-organised tournament with space and resources limits and considerable demand early entry would be the norm. Its certainly that way in metropolitian Western Australia

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-May-17, 23:26

How do you folks in places where pre-registration is required deal with players looking for partners or teammates? Do you have advance partnership desks as well? Do you do it online?

I've occasionally not planned to play in a tournament, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users