BBO Discussion Forums: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Vs George Bush - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Vs George Bush Both gave speeches today at the U.N.

Poll: Of the two, who do you trust? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Of the two, who do you trust?

1. Iranian President Ahmadinejad (4 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

2. U.S. President Bush (8 votes [19.51%])

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

3. Neither (24 votes [58.54%])

Percentage of vote: 58.54%

4. Both (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-September-25, 16:58

Bush included Iran with human rights violators.
Ahmadinejad accused the U.S. of being the human rights violators.

If you had to chose, which person would you trust to be telling the truth?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-September-25, 23:12

well at least I am with the majority of pollsters this time :rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-September-26, 00:56

they're politicians with skewed agendas... why would either one of them say anything truthful?

#4 User is online   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-September-26, 03:59

But in this case they might both be right. Of course, recognizing the posibility that someone might happen to be right does not count as "trusting".
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-September-26, 07:39

The next time you wonder about why your opinion is the way that it is.....(You do question where your opinions come from, don't you?) just ask whether you did any independant research on the topic or if all you can recall about it is what you saw in the main stream media.

Religion used to be the opiate of the masses, now it is the media, tomorrow it will be too late.

There are so many inaccuracies and half-truths to say nothing of the outright prevarications and exaggerations (WMD anyone?). Now turn back the clock a bit.....Osama was public enemy #1 according to Little Dick and they were to spare no effort to get him...like invade Afghanistan, Iraq......Iran?. Did you know that the CIA (Buzzy Krongard) called off the hunt for OBL several years ago? How about Little Dick saying that OBL is not so important now?!

Turn off Fox and CNN and E! and do some real research! The internet has its sources but cross-check them as there are many bogus front operations that just spew the party line. Dig deep and you won't regret what you find. It is as eye-opening as it is frightening.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#6 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-September-26, 10:13

I voted both.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

#7 User is offline   skjaeran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, sports, Sci-fi, fantasy

Posted 2007-September-26, 14:37

Hannie, on Sep 26 2007, 06:13 PM, said:

I voted both.

ROFL, you did not! :)
Kind regards,
Harald

#8 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-September-26, 14:55

I would be useful to get a more specific explanation what you mean by trust...

I don't trust that either of these two will tell the truth

I have great trust that both behave in a farily predictable (although reprehensible) manner.

The two seem well matched for one another.

A pair of religious nutcases racing towards armageddon, completely convinced that god is telling them what to do...
Alderaan delenda est

#9 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-September-26, 16:39

hrothgar, on Sep 26 2007, 03:55 PM, said:

I would be useful to get a more specific explanation what you mean by trust...

I don't trust that either of these two will tell the truth

I have great trust that both behave in a farily predictable (although reprehensible) manner.

The two seem well matched for one another.

A pair of religious nutcases racing towards armageddon, completely convinced that god is telling them what to do...

Good points. I wasn't clear myself of the right question to ask - it is more in the line of which one do you think overall is more trustworthy, if either.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#10 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-September-26, 16:48

Al_U_Card, on Sep 26 2007, 08:39 AM, said:

The next time you wonder about why your opinion is the way that it is.....(You do question where your opinions come from, don't you?) just ask whether you did any independant research on the topic or if all you can recall about it is what you saw in the main stream media.

Religion used to be the opiate of the masses, now it is the media, tomorrow it will be too late.

There are so many inaccuracies and half-truths to say nothing of the outright prevarications and exaggerations (WMD anyone?). Now turn back the clock a bit.....Osama was public enemy #1 according to Little Dick and they were to spare no effort to get him...like invade Afghanistan, Iraq......Iran?. Did you know that the CIA (Buzzy Krongard) called off the hunt for OBL several years ago? How about Little Dick saying that OBL is not so important now?!

Turn off Fox and CNN and E! and do some real research! The internet has its sources but cross-check them as there are many bogus front operations that just spew the party line. Dig deep and you won't regret what you find. It is as eye-opening as it is frightening.

I had a few minutes last night and for the first time in ages turned on CBS evening news - happened to be just as they were reporting about Ahmadinijad and the reporter was throwing out the party lines - wants to wipe Israel off the map and trying to secure nuclear weapons -

Might as well rename it CBS/Tass.

#11 User is offline   luke warm 

• Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2007-September-27, 04:10

Winstonm, on Sep 26 2007, 05:48 PM, said:

I had a few minutes last night and for the first time in ages turned on CBS evening news - happened to be just as they were reporting about Ahmadinijad and the reporter was throwing out the party lines - wants to wipe Israel off the map and trying to secure nuclear weapons -

i don't understand what you're implying.. was the reporter accurate?
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#12 User is offline   Gerben42 

• Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2007-September-27, 04:16

If you had to chose, which person would you trust to be telling the truth?

I'd probably go for Ahmadinejad to be the more trustworthy of the two leaders. At least there is the POSSIBILITY that he really just wants nuclear power for his people and not build atomic bombs.

Bush included Iran with human rights violators.
Ahmadinejad accused the U.S. of being the human rights violators.

They are both right. So? Somehow the EU doesn't seem to have much of an influence on either of them.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#13 User is online   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-September-27, 04:17

Winstonm, on Sep 27 2007, 12:39 AM, said:

it is more in the line of which one do you think overall is more trustworthy, if either.

Ahmadinejad is probably better educated and more intelligent than Bush, but in terms of moral integrity** I don't think they differ that much. After all, Ahmadinejad was the one to propose a "scientific" conference on Holocaust revisionism.

**sorry for using a weasel word. "Honesty" might have been more apt.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#14 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-September-27, 07:22

luke warm, on Sep 27 2007, 05:10 AM, said:

Whether the reporter was accurate depends on which spin you believe. IMO, reporting is not about reproducing spin but about reporting the facts.

Iran may be attempting to create nuclear weapons but they also may not be - at this point, there is only speculation as to their aims. To report speculation as fact is propagandizing a view - reporting is stating both sides.

The oft repeated statement that Ahmadinijad claimed Israel should be wiped off the map has been shown to be a misinterpretation of his words - to continue to report them as fact is either sloppy, lazy journalism, editorializing without a disclaimer, or propaganda of a known lie.

Whichever it is, it makes the MSM useless as a source of real news.

#15 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-September-27, 10:23

Winstonm, on Sep 27 2007, 08:22 AM, said:

luke warm, on Sep 27 2007, 05:10 AM, said:

Whether the reporter was accurate depends on which spin you believe. IMO, reporting is not about reproducing spin but about reporting the facts.

Iran may be attempting to create nuclear weapons but they also may not be - at this point, there is only speculation as to their aims. To report speculation as fact is propagandizing a view - reporting is stating both sides.

The oft repeated statement that Ahmadinijad claimed Israel should be wiped off the map has been shown to be a misinterpretation of his words - to continue to report them as fact is either sloppy, lazy journalism, editorializing without a disclaimer, or propaganda of a known lie.

Whichever it is, it makes the MSM useless as a source of real news.

You got that right. It is so much easier for the complacent to toe the line and accept what they are force fed.....like geese for the foie-gras. Wait until it comes time to pay the piper.

The worst thing is the fact that the american mind-set of "we are god's gift to the planet" is being exploited not only to their detriment but at the expense of the whole planet. Think, Roman empire....hell think any empire......when they are a rule-by-consensus, the military just sits around....it takes a WAR to keep the peeps in line and let the big strong macho gun-toting dolts do the dirty work of those that pull the strings.....

We can only hope that at some point, the obviousness of the lies will motivate the american people to throw the bums out......but unfortunately there only appear to be bums waiting in the wings......why has the legislative branch refused to honor the Article five convention requests from all 50 states? (Only 38 are needed to call such a convention.)

The movement is getting started but I fear that it will be squashed in a sea of great unpleasantness (another other Pearl Harbor / 9-11)

#16 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-September-27, 17:42

It's a dead certainty this won't be reported by CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, CNN, or any other MSM.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Monday afternoon met with a group of Jewish rabbis who gave him a silver grail as a sign of friendship. The president is currently in New York to address the United Nations General Assembly.

The rabbis carried a placard which read, "I am Jewish not a Zionist." A senior rabbi of the group said that they considered the visit to New York of President Ahmadinejad as an exceptional opportunity and would never forget it. He referred to the Iranian president as a person who made a distinction between Jews and Zionists. "You understand us and make a distinction between the violent behavior of Zionists and the religious beliefs of Jews," said the senior rabbi who called President Ahmadinejad "a pious man who is seeking to restore peace in the world and has humanitarian plans." Appreciating the rabbis for their gift, President Ahmadinejad said he was happy to visit them.

"All people in the world have now understood that Judaism is different from Zionism," said the president. He added, "Zionists are a political group looking for taking advantage of the opportunities while Jews are the followers of the Moses who promoted peace and friendship."
President Ahmadinejad stressed that there was no disagreement between the followers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam as they all pray the same God and are brothers.

#17 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-September-27, 18:18

skaeran, on Sep 26 2007, 03:37 PM, said:

Hannie, on Sep 26 2007, 06:13 PM, said:

I voted both.

ROFL, you did not! ;)

I did. Though my main objective was to be difficult, I trust that they are both correct this time.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

#18 User is offline   luke warm 

• Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2007-September-28, 04:18

Winstonm, on Sep 27 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

It's a dead certainty this won't be reported by CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, CNN, or any other MSM.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Monday afternoon met with a group of Jewish rabbis who gave him a silver grail as a sign of friendship. The president is currently in New York to address the United Nations General Assembly.

The rabbis carried a placard which read, "I am Jewish not a Zionist." A senior rabbi of the group said that they considered the visit to New York of President Ahmadinejad as an exceptional opportunity and would never forget it. He referred to the Iranian president as a person who made a distinction between Jews and Zionists. "You understand us and make a distinction between the violent behavior of Zionists and the religious beliefs of Jews," said the senior rabbi who called President Ahmadinejad "a pious man who is seeking to restore peace in the world and has humanitarian plans." Appreciating the rabbis for their gift, President Ahmadinejad said he was happy to visit them.

"All people in the world have now understood that Judaism is different from Zionism," said the president. He added, "Zionists are a political group looking for taking advantage of the opportunities while Jews are the followers of the Moses who promoted peace and friendship."
President Ahmadinejad stressed that there was no disagreement between the followers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam as they all pray the same God and are brothers.

so jews are followers of moses, the one who promoted peace and friendship? o k a y
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#19 User is online   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-September-28, 04:27

Lol Jimmy, it was just meant as a nice gesture, probably made up by his PR staff rather than by his theology mentor.

#20 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-September-28, 04:44

Like Little Dick visiting with children (holy Sept. 11, 2001) and to support their learning programs and his "new" (read all rhetoric and little substance) education policy.....and he exclaimed that "childrens do learn" . Maybe he could try remedial reading? What a patsy....he makes Oswald look like James Bond.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users