BBO Discussion Forums: History - Improvement Suggestion - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

History - Improvement Suggestion a suggestion to improve user enjoyment of History hand review

#1 User is offline   armantt2k 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-07, 10:14

Can BBO programming allow re-sizing of the Hand being displayed in History?

Specifically, when I click on a recently played hand, the list of played hands continues to take up valuable space that could be used to enlarge the display of the hand I am reviewing. Curiously, Recent Tournaments lists 4 hands, My Table lists 5, and Recent Hands list 6. (I'm running BBO 5.9.1 Chrome on Win10)

Because of this, no matter how much horizontal space I give the window, the vertical allotment cannot be changed. This may not seem terribly important, but being able to enlarge the displayed "green table" would be greatly appreciated by my old eyes, and probably many others.

My suggestion/request: Reduce the List to just the one hand I clicked on, and use that screen real estate to display the hand at a larger scale. When "Other Tables" is clicked, revert to showing the full list of multiple tables until a specific one is chosen.

Note: I have found a cumbersome and time-consuming workaround: I can Export - Save Deal As to my Deal Archive, then go to my Account, open the hand there. This allows me to grab a corner of the "green table" and stretch it to a size my old eye can more easily see. I find this especially helpful when I turn on GIB Double Dummy.

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-07, 14:38

Export - Handviewer link - click the link provided. That opens the hand full screen in another browser tab, so it's easy to see and you don't have to leave the table.

#3 User is offline   janangh 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-August-30, 14:46

I have another suggestion for History. When the bidding exceeds 4 rows, a dropdown menu appears--and it covers up the suit symbols in the last column. I've tried Handviewer link suggested above and that does work. But why not expand the bidding rectangle to have room for the dropdown menu and the suit symbols?

#4 User is offline   armantt2k 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-September-14, 18:25

I agree with Jannagh that the display of bids in a long auction is poorly handled.
(I am supporting their suggestion by this Reply since I am not yet trusted enough to vote +/- on any posts in BBOForum)

Is it too much to ask for some user-friendly improvements from the tech team?

Or at least a reply saying the BBO software team is aware of the issue, understands the request, and will put it on the list of planned future updates?

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-16, 15:13

View Postsmerriman, on 2021-August-07, 14:38, said:

Export - Handviewer link - click the link provided. That opens the hand full screen in another browser tab, so it's easy to see and you don't have to leave the table.

IIRC, in that case you no longer have Double Dummy analysis available however.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-September-18, 20:43

View Postarmantt2k, on 2021-September-14, 18:25, said:

Or at least a reply saying the BBO software team is aware of the issue, understands the request, and will put it on the list of planned future updates?

That's true for every suggestion posted here.

#7 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-18, 21:57

View Postpescetom, on 2021-September-16, 15:13, said:

IIRC, in that case you no longer have Double Dummy analysis available however.

The GIB button is still there - it's the same frame used throught all forum posts.

#8 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-29, 15:20

View Postsmerriman, on 2021-September-18, 21:57, said:

The GIB button is still there - it's the same frame used throught all forum posts.

Thanks, so only inconsistent terminology - I was looking for "Show double dummy", which is what I see and use in History.
"GIB" for me is just a crazy robot :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users